By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance: Fall of Man is challenging

Tagged games:

I realize that I must be late to this party, but I just got a PS3 slim over a month ago, and I got one of it's core launch titles, Resistance: Fall of Man, used. And I must say that this game is fairly difficult to play. I'm on the hard mode, of course, but being used to Call of Duty and Halo, especially with the health regeneration in those games, this one brings a welcome surprise. I wish more games would utilize this difficulty with the health bar more, and I also wish this series wasn't so underrated, either.

Around the Network

Underrated huh?
well whatever you do, i recommend you skipping the second game and head straight to Resistance 3, the second one is meh, the third is one of the most enjoyable shooters this gen.

spurgeonryan said:
Do you keep up with the games that are out today? Or do you just play games here and there?

I just play games here and there. Since I just got a PS3, I'm going around buying the older games used so I can catch up.

PullusPardus said:

Underrated huh?
well whatever you do, i recommend you skipping the second game and head straight to Resistance 3, the second one is meh, the third is one of the most enjoyable shooters this gen.

I already own the second one, but I'm aware of some of the changes they made to it.

Yeah its challanging, like all Insomniac games! sometimes I have the feeling they don't know what they are doing, Its heavily unfair at times, though its a cool surprise to other games out there!
I really enjoyed resistance 2 so don't let others tell you how it is :)!

Around the Network

Well, I only played it for the story and I am not a big fan of FPS. I also got it for cheap so might as well buy it and play it and I didn't regret it because it's a good game.

CatFangs806 said:
PullusPardus said:

Underrated huh?

I already own the second one, but I'm aware of some of the changes they made to it.

It's not horrible but mistakes were made.  The coop in the second one is great though. IMHO.  The MP less so and the SP is a mixed bag.  But the coop alone makes R2 worth a purchase.  While since I played but I believe coop is still active online for R2.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Play half life 2, you will think it was the second coming of Christ. The last great single player FPS (including there episodes but count it as one package). Tho recommend you play on PC, if not on PC buy the orange box and enjoy Portal as well if you haven't and whats wrong with you if you haven't as well.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

mchaza said:
Play half life 2, you will think it was the second coming of Christ. The last great single player FPS (including there episodes but count it as one package). Tho recommend you play on PC, if not on PC buy the orange box and enjoy Portal as well if you haven't and whats wrong with you if you haven't as well.

I actually have "The Orange Box" and have beaten most of Half Life 2 except for Episode 2.

love the game. played it on hard first time through (first shooter) and although certain points were challanging its all about keeping a cool head and knowing when to retreat/stay back abit and look for health

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt