By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metacritic: Uncharted 2 VS Uncharted 3 *Updatd w/ 61 Reviews for U3*

gamespot gave a 9

Around the Network

94 now with destructoid added!

Theres quite many sites left that gave UC2 a 100, that hasnt reviewed UC3.

The reviews will keep coming especially when the game actually releases.

Metacritic hanging at 94

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

ils411 said:

Metascore: 93 - i think their trolling or something as i'm getting 93.93 average...but meh

You do know metacritic uses a weighted average, right?

Why the term “weighted average” matters

Metascore is a weighted average in that we assign more importance, or weight, to some critics and publications than others, based on their quality and overall stature. In addition, for music and movies, we also normalize the resulting scores (akin to "grading on a curve" in college), which prevents scores from clumping together.

FeelBreeze266 said:
sales2099 said:
Should stabilize at 91-92

gtfo you troll the last 10 reviews have been 9.5 or higher

Its over 90....isnt that the goal? 

Stop being a sensitive Sony fan. That wasnt even a troll comment. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
non-gravity said:
ils411 said:

Metascore: 93 - i think their trolling or something as i'm getting 93.93 average...but meh

You do know metacritic uses a weighted average, right?

Why the term “weighted average” matters

Metascore is a weighted average in that we assign more importance, or weight, to some critics and publications than others, based on their quality and overall stature. In addition, for music and movies, we also normalize the resulting scores (akin to "grading on a curve" in college), which prevents scores from clumping together.

Yeah, they give more weight to crapy reviews lol

Acutally i dont really care what the score will be. I just wanna see how Metacritic selects the reviews and averages it.

As of now, it would seem that they're just grabing reviews left and right. And regarding the weighted average thing, I thinks its a bunch of crap. I just outright averaged U2s score and i got a 96. But still, its intreaguing as to how they weight it if they actrually do. I think i'll look into that.

yup, doesnt matter if metacritic says that they gives weight to other review critics compared to others. It would seem that simply averaging the scores listed on their sight would yield the score they have. For starters, they have U2 at 96 and I averaged the scores for U2 and got a 96. Now I averaged U3s scores with 47 reviews and got a 94, and they have it at 94.

I'll try it out for other games gust to feed my curiosity.

fauzman said:
At the moment, Batman AC seems to be kicking butt at metacritic including UC3. Rest of the reviews for UC3 will have to be much better to win the metascore.

That's weird... why?

- Batman: AC (PS3) has 26 reviews and by my math the avg. 95.8... Metacritic rounded it up to 96.
- Batman: AC (360) has 56 reviews and by my math the avg. 94.55...  Metacritic rounded it up to 95.

- Uncharted 3 had 47 reviews and by mu math the avg. 93.95...  Metacritic rounded it down to 93.

Now after a new review...

- Uncharted 3 had 48 reviews and by mu math the avg. 94.08...  Metacritic rounded it down to 94 finally.

Weird no? The scores are close but Metacritic make it seens like 1-2 points more.

ils411 said:
yup, doesnt matter if metacritic says that they gives weight to other review critics compared to others. It would seem that simply averaging the scores listed on their sight would yield the score they have. For starters, they have U2 at 96 and I averaged the scores for U2 and got a 96. Now I averaged U3s scores with 47 reviews and got a 94, and they have it at 94.

I did it for you .

And with 47 reviews Metacritic showed U3 at 93 (even the avg. was 93.95... for Batman the avg. is up for U3 is down... weird).

ethomaz said:
ils411 said:

I did it for you .

And with 47 reviews Metacritic showed U3 at 93 (even the avg. was 93.95... for Batman the avg. is up for U3 is down... weird).

Actually at 47, they had it at 94. it would seem that they update the main page first before the front pages. check it out, going to ps3 main, score is at 93 with 47 reviews. but click on u3 you get 48 reviews at 94. But before that, it was 94 with 47 reviews..the latest is Eurogamer portugal which gave it 90. But since the score added before Eurogamer portugal was 100, the score stayed at 94.