By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS Conference summary (October 21st)

The 3DS conference has ended a couple of hours ago with a whole lot of new info. A messaging system, the ability to record 3D video and new StreetPass puzzles were some of the things that were announced. Read below for more info.

3DS-specific details

• Record 3D video for up to 10 minutes, do interval recording and allows for stop-motion animation. It's an addition to the 3DS Camera app. (Source)
  • Find Mii/StreetPass Quest 2 announced. (Source)
  • New StreetPass puzzles announced. (Source)
  • Firmware adds ability to transfer 3DS software to other 3DS units
  • Basic eShop improvement.
  • Message people on your Friends list with Nintendo Letter Box app, available on eShop in December (Source)
  • Limited edition Mario 3DS consoles coming to Japan (Source)

Games

• New Samurai game announced
  • Thruspace getting an eShop version
  • Itsuno ma ni Koukan Nikki is a tool for exchanging photos and other things with other players, due out this Dec. for free
  • Lost Heroes, an RPG featuring Gundam, Ultraman, Kamen Rider and more
  • 3D Classics: Kid Icarus for free - will eventually be offered as a paid download (Source)
  • Super Mario Land 3D supports StreetPass (Source)

Mario Kart 7 (Source)

• Installs a Mario Kart Channel
  • Allows you to get ghosts from other 3DS players via StreetPass
  • Select a person's data from the Mario Kart Channel and race them online
  • Allows for 8 player online, 60 FPS
  • Daily downloads for ghost data via SpotPass as well
  • Community features added, allowing you to create your own community
  • Features 32 tracks

source: gbatemp

and sadly, no Pokemon or huge game announcement yet    :  (

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

From what I've seen, so many games out on Japan in 2011 for 3DS, but only a little portion of that comes out outside Japan in 2011. But can't wait for Mario Kart 7....

I was very happy with what Nintendo revealed today. It's nice to see Video recording finally make it's way and fresh content for StreetPass Mii Plaza might get people out and about with their 3DS's again. I'm also quite looking forward to seeing the eShop updated. And some very nice MK7 info too., glad to see 32 tracks confirmed. I was getting worried it might be less.

3D video shooting must be very cool!!

I also think that 3DS video support is too low, they should add a youtube app or a video player

Mario Kart sounds even better

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Nintendo's new trend seems to be giving away games and systems(!) for free. They truly are desperate abot making the 3DS sell.

Anyway, I'm really excited about Mario Kart. The communities are great news! I was kinda hoping for more than 32 tracks since the last two entries had the same amount, but it will do. The one thing I still need to be truly satisfied with this game is a good battle mode that can be played online (not like that awfull one in mario kart wii).

The StreetPa is feature in mario Kart, however, is completely worthless as I see it. What's the difference between playing against some strangers ghost data that you've picked up from the internet and one that you've picked up from a stranger on a street.

Around the Network

Some interesting Mario Kart 7 info. The rest is pretty meh..

I'm psyched! No mention on when I get my free GBA games? Ambassador Lewis demands software!!

Glad to see ThruSpace is getting another chance to shine!
The Wii version was a very promising concept with some missteps in execution. If those are fixed this could be a classic, especially now that it has 3D.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

d21lewis said:
I'm psyched! No mention on when I get my free GBA games? Ambassador Lewis demands software!!

really!! i'm waiting for this too  : P

also, anyone knows what the ''Samurai game'' refers to?

Last_Dream said:
From what I've seen, so many games out on Japan in 2011 for 3DS, but only a little portion of that comes out outside Japan in 2011. But can't wait for Mario Kart 7....

i hear you. nintendo should bring more of those games to the west.