By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo Magazine says that Skyward Sword is 35 hours long for main quest! (Update) Side quest time average.

Tagged games:

How long will it take you if it took them about 35 hours?

15 3 7.89%

20 1 2.63%

25-35 3 7.89%

35-50 11 28.95%

50+ 10 26.32%

To get 100% of everything. 100+ 8 21.05%

Not playing! I'm Stubborn.... 1 2.63%

other 0 0%

Total:37

We all know some crazy skilled fool will come along, and beat the game in 2 hours. Making the rest of us feel inept with our feeble gaming skills.

Around the Network

Sweet! Not that I expected any less.

Sounds ok. maybe a bit long for a player like me who just doent have much time to play.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I'm more happy about the 'at least double' part. That's what I wanted to hear

I like how people vote 100+ which is ridiculous. NO zelda has ever took 100 hours and not even 50 hours. I don't buy this BS from Nintendo saying it's 50+ for main quest.

Zelda games on average first time take 25-35 hours and this one will be no different. I 100% TP in 35 hours, WW took me around 45 hours. At most this game will take 50 hours to 100% with main quest being 25-35. I just recently beat Dark Souls around 60 Hours and there is no way in hell Zelda will be that long for Main Quest. I'm not going to spend 10-15 hours redoing stuff because i kepot dying in Zelda.

People throw about 100+ like it's a massive deal or something....before saying that think about what that actually means. 100 hours is a LOOOONG time, there is no way this game wil have that much amount of content. This game doesn't have the optional and open world structure of a game like Skyrim. It's an adventure game with bare bones RPG mechanics and standard sidequests.

Unless you think this game will be literally 5x bigger than the average Zelda game it's not going to be on that scale.

---

Around the Network

sounds good too me. i like to take a break from the main quest now and then to play some of the side quests. i sure hope there is fishing in this game!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It'll probably take me around 35-50 hrs to complete so that's what I'm going with.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Lord_Yggdrassil said:
I like how people vote 100+ which is ridiculous. NO zelda has ever took 100 hours and not even 50 hours. I don't buy this BS from Nintendo saying it's 50+ for main quest.

Zelda games on average first time take 25-35 hours and this one will be no different. I 100% TP in 35 hours, WW took me around 45 hours. At most this game will take 50 hours to 100% with main quest being 25-35. I just recently beat Dark Souls around 60 Hours and there is no way in hell Zelda will be that long for Main Quest. I'm not going to spend 10-15 hours redoing stuff because i kepot dying in Zelda.

People throw about 100+ like it's a massive deal or something....before saying that think about what that actually means. 100 hours is a LOOOONG time, there is no way this game wil have that much amount of content. This game doesn't have the optional and open world structure of a game like Skyrim. It's an adventure game with bare bones RPG mechanics and standard sidequests.

Unless you think this game will be literally 5x bigger than the average Zelda game it's not going to be on that scale.

I spent 80 hours on Twilight Princess the first time I played it. I just played it at the pace I liked, exploring pretty much everything. It's perfetly fine that you like to play through games quickly, but don't assume that everybody is like you and call them ridiculous for not claiming they are.

I'm just hoping you don't get the 6 hours tutorial crap.

Lord_Yggdrassil said:

Ok, Lord Yggsrassil, don't get so furious!

By the way, I love your... pendant!