By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Which of these review sites do you use most?

For video game news, reviews and ratings people usually go to one of these sites:

- Game Pro = www.gamepro.com/

- Game Spot = www.gamespot.com/

- Game Informer = www.gameinformer.com/

- IGN = www.ign.com/

- 1Up = www.1up.com/

- Video Game Chartz = www.vgchartz.com/

For hardware, software and other electronics reviews, news and prices which sites do you use most?

- New Egg = www.newegg.com/Index.aspx

- Tiger Direct = www.tigerdirect.com/

- Static Ice = www.staticice.com/.au/index.html

- PC Authority = www.pcauthority.com.au/index.aspx

- PC Perspective = www.pcper.com/index.php

- PC World = www.pcworld.com/

- Hot Hardware = www.hothardware.com/.default.aspx

- Tom's Hardware = www.tomshardware.com/us

- Sharky Extreme = www.sharkyextreme.com/

- Anand Tech = www.anandtech.com/default.aspx

1. Which one of these sites do you think has the most accurate reviews and the lastest news?

Around the Network

News for Gamers: www.n4g.com

Sorry but i wasn't asking what sites did you's use for video games. I was interested in what sites did you use for computer hardware, software and electronic reviews, prices and news.

In your opinion which of the hardware, software and electronic review sites have the most accurate information?

Well I went to Tom's Hardware a lot...they were pretty useful...haven't gone there as much lately though...mainly because I'm not really in the market for hardware right now. But that site's generally useful.

And for the actual buying, newegg.com's always the first and best option in my opinion. Best prices and a good selection.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I use IGN and Game Informer.

Around the Network

IGN FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I generally use vgchartz as my primary source for most gaming stuff, since I find it very accurate most of the time, especially with sales and news, but I generally use IGN for reviews.

The reason I personally like IGN's reviews the best is because they are specific enough in their reviews that even if you don't agree, you can at least see where they are coming from, which to me says that they have the most accurate reviews.

Gametrailers or gamersyde but since they're not there i'll pick IGN.

I use them all, I never trust one person/sites opinion. In general though, IGN.

The ones I actively search for and spend time on are Gametrailers and Metacritic.

I also listen to what IGN says, but their video reviews fail to load half the time, so I don't spend much time on their site. Not that I have too short of an attention span to actually read reviews or anything, but I think video reviews work the best with something as graphic as video games.