By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Next Uncharted Graphics Leap Impossible on PS3

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
Sounds more like an excuse from a developer who is too lazy to go the extra mile.

There are plenty of areas to criticize Naughty Dog and they games, but lazy they are not. They went the extra mile and Sony paid for their bus tickets. Sony gave them detail of the PS3's hardware and tricks and they used it.

Naughty Dog is just saying that the PS3 is tapped out. Sounds about right to me.

Sony has put more effort into getting the most out of their 1st party games than any other console maker because they had to. Sony kept saying the PS3 was the most powerful, but the games weren't showing it compared to Xbox 360 so they gave their 1st party devs more money and resources so they could hire more programmers and squeeze as much juice out of the system as they could. That's something Nintendo and Microsoft have not done because it's so expensive that you can't make your money back. But Sony did it, the games look great and the PS3 started selling better, so maybe it has helped. Sony may not make all their money back, but what they and developers like Naughty Dog have learned from it will pay off next gen when I'm sure they won't be throwing as much money at optimizations post launch. Next gen I'd be willing to be that Sony adopts the more cost effected PC architecture model of the Xbox 360 and Wii U. It's just not worth it to spend so much money on proprietary, complex, and unproven hardware like the PS3. Devs like PC, they like Direct X, they like not having to work harder when it's easier and faster elsewhere. Naughty Dog works hard to make they games look great and run smooth. The PS3 doesn't make it easy and they are not lazy.

If Naughty Dog says they can't get more out of the PS3, you better believe it.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:

Yes, that's it. It really looks like it doesn't belong in the game.

and I can gaurntee that it wont be 

I take it, so they just cut the parts of the game that they can't get right. Which brings us back to my first post in this thread.

what?

anyway edited some actual HD gameplay in my previous post, it completely burys the subway promo TV spot making your first post null and void so you shouldn't be to worried

i'm surprised you're still on about that, i thought that by now you would have understood his goal

have I been Rol'ed :(

goforgold said:
o_O.Q said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:

I take it, so they just cut the parts of the game that they can't get right. Which brings us back to my first post in this thread.

what?

anyway edited some actual HD gameplay in my previous post, it completely burys the subway promo TV spot making your first post null and void so you shouldn't be to worried

i'm surprised you're still on about that, i thought that by now you would have understood his goal

can't say for certain if by rol'd you mean him bringing up unfounded claims against something well i'd have to guess so

goforgold said:
o_O.Q said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:

what?

No, surely not! what would make you think something like that? Clearly you two are having a serious debate, a real battle of wits and knowlage, you are clearly on the same level and debating the merits of naughty dog as devs.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

RolStoppable said:
goforgold said:

ditto

edit I hope this isn't what your talking about

stop before he tricks you. Rol knows thats commercial footage and not game footage. what he's saying doesn't make any sense.

kim possible is fooling you. don't trust him!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:
Sounds more like an excuse from a developer who is too lazy to go the extra mile.

not really considering what they are achieving with Uncharted 3

From what I have seen the game is somewhat lacking when it comes to a consistent look. Especially the Subway stuff sticks out negatively.

This is why you should never be banned, you actually research your trolling material, bravo Rol!!

goforgold said:
o_O.Q said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:

what?

hey man i want you to think real hard about what Rol has been saying. he's talking about a commercial for an add campaign with subway.

an active commercial where the character is actualy talking about the campaign. does that sound like in game footage to you?

long story short. you have been Rol'd. 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

hey man i want you to think real hard about what Rol has been saying. he's talking about a commercial for an add campaign with subway.

an active commercial where the character is actualy talking about the campaign. does that sound like in game footage to you?

goforgold said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

lol. hes done it to me atleast 4 times this yr, but his most resent threads have been to predictable.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
goforgold said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

lol. hes done it to me atleast 4 times this yr, but his most resent threads have been to predictable.

yeah I gotta admit this was more subtle than those threads, but what's funny is I said "I hope this isn't what your talking about" becasue I knew it would be crazy for someone to take that official fottage and his next post totally got me, I failed on that one