By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - C.A.R.S a amazing looking new community driven racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios and an ex Stig!

zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
The graphics look incredible. PC only I take it right?

For now, the devs say they may look at porting the game when the PC version is in a finnished state. It will probably end up hitting next gen consoles as they say the PC version will take 2+ years.

Damn thats a pretty long developement cycle.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:

For now, the devs say they may look at porting the game when the PC version is in a finnished state. It will probably end up hitting next gen consoles as they say the PC version will take 2+ years.

considering the amount and quality of the content (cars and tracks for everything from Kart racing to rally, open wheel and GT plus dynamic weather and time of day) they are planning it's not really that long, the game only entered full development early this year when they were finnishing off Shift 2. I mean GT5 took what 6 years of development and they are a bigger studio than Slightly Mad.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:

considering the amount and quality of the content (cars and tracks for everything from Kart racing to rally, open wheel and GT plus dynamic weather and time of day) they are planning it's not really that long, the game only entered full development early this year when they were finnishing off Shift 2. I mean GT5 took what 6 years of development and they are a bigger studio than Slightly Mad.

Ah ok so they are pretty much doing what GT5 did and cover pretty much all the bases.

yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:

Ah ok so they are pretty much doing what GT5 did and cover pretty much all the bases.

pretty much, the business model sounds like it will be micro transaction bassed so I am not sure how it will all work out in the end. But it is an ambitious project which is meant to be community driven so whatever the fans want will be included in the game eventually if not by the devs then by the users them selves as the world of mass development project (of which CARS is the first project) has a strong user generated content element. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:

pretty much, the business model sounds like it will be micro transaction bassed so I am not sure how it will all work out in the end. But it is an ambitious project which is meant to be community driven so whatever the fans want will be included in the game eventually if not by the devs then by the users them selves as the world of mass development project (of which CARS is the first project) has a strong user generated content element. 

The economic part of the community work also means that it will be a little more complicated to make it fit with the licensing and royalties system on consoles than on PC. Also the approval of user developed contents won't be as straightforward as on PC, console producers almost always retain strict control and the right of definitive approval (and to impose a royalty) on any content, while on PC you need at most the dev's approval, but often unofficial mods and contents, obviously without any warranty, are allowed too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:
zarx said:
yo_john117 said:

Wow it sounds like it will be an incredible game.

looking better and better with each new update

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Can't wait for this and for rFactor 2.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It looks like they are implementing HDR for rFactor2
http://www.racesimcentral.com/news/2011/09/rfactor-2-wip-screens-show-hdr-effects/

I guess that being supposedly scheduled to release later than rFactor2, C.A.R.S. will follow suit...

Edit:

PS: original photos are 3300x1040, watch them full res to have a better idea:

http://www.racesimcentral.com/news/wp-content/gallery/rfactor-2-hdr/rFactor_2_HDR%201.jpg

http://www.racesimcentral.com/news/wp-content/gallery/rfactor-2-hdr/rFactor_2_HDR%203.jpg