By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ps3 connection problems

I need some help, i think my router is going out.  does any one know whats the best router to get?

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network

I need some help, i think my router is going out.  does any one know whats the best router to get?

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

I'm doing fine with a basic Belkin Wireless G router. It's compact, was the cheapest router I could get at the time, and it's still doing fine. I don't have a huge apartment, so signal range isn't high on my priorities, but I still got pretty good range when I tested it out the first day.

If you talk to the sales guys in the shop, they'll tell you that if you have products, like a wireless card in your PC or something, that is already of a specific brand, you should get a router that matches up with that brand.
This is usually because if you need to call technical support for any issues that come up, the tech support will often give you the runaround and try to use the excuse that the problem is with that other piece that they don't support. Which is a load of bullshit, so as long as you make sure to ask for their name at the very beginning, and then demand a manager and/or filing a complaint, you should get the service you need.

So with this in mind, shop for what fits your budget and gives you the features you want.

I don't know about the PS3 though. My current setup has the Wireless running for my Wii, DS, my family's 3 laptops, and I'm using ethernet port for the main PC.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

My Linksys Wireless G router has been very easy to configure and trouble free.

before I got the belkin, I had a linksys as well. It gave a solid 3 or so years before finally crapping out on me. I haven't had any problems with my belkin yet, but I think it's only barely been a year using it.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her