By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More Zelda news for all of you! Mini game, aquatic race, and item and collectible information

Tagged games:

Swimming: As one might expect, getting to and exploring Lake Floria requires Link to swim. The intuitive motion control of the Wii Remote Plus gives players a natural way to control Link as he swims across the lake’s surface or into its watery depths.

We don't motion controls for swimming. Pressing A and using the control stick is good enough.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Level1Death said:

Swimming: As one might expect, getting to and exploring Lake Floria requires Link to swim. The intuitive motion control of the Wii Remote Plus gives players a natural way to control Link as he swims across the lake’s surface or into its watery depths.

We don't motion controls for swimming. Pressing A and using the control stick is good enough.

I always dread swimming levels! More so now with motion control!

It just seems that this'll be unnecessary work. Everything else for motion+ looks fine so far.

This game would have been awesome in HD!!! too Bad >_>

Yeah, swimming using with the motion would be an over-kill. So their's going to be water races that predates the Zora's, eh? What will they explain for that?

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
spurgeonryan said:
TripleMMM said:
Yeah, swimming using with the motion would be an over-kill. So their's going to be water races that predates the Zora's, eh? What will they explain for that?

So you do not mind water levels as long as it is not withmotion control?

Sure do, I have yet to play a game with horrendous underwater controls. Or I have, but I'm much more forgivable...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

I will not complain ultill I play.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

If swimming has the same/similar controls as flight it will be an improvement. Swimming is flying but underwater. 3D Mario and Zelda could both benefit from improved swimming controls.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

too much workout! i want to get fatter!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

KylieDog said:
Level1Death said:

Don't need motion controls for most of the game, TP proved it. 

TP was a Gamecube port with tacked on motion controls. SS is built from the ground up with motion plus. If you don't like motion controls that's fine but there's really no comparison between the two.

KylieDog said:
Level1Death said:
KylieDog said:
Level1Death said:

Don't need motion controls for most of the game, TP proved it. 

TP was a Gamecube port with tacked on motion controls. SS is built from the ground up with motion plus. If you don't like motion controls that's fine but there's really no comparison between the two.

But, again TP proved they are not needed.

No, it proved what happens if you're lazy and take shortcuts.