By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft sued for 5 mil. due to xbl problems.

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?p=592541#post592541

I couldnt log in for 2 days but luckily they fixed it and then i beat bioshock

Around the Network

I just rid the article on Xbox.com

Its havoc over on that site now. Microsoft said that they will be offering a free (one) Xbox Live Arcade games to all Xbox 360 owners since this occurred.

It's a lame-duck suit. MS can only be held liable for breach of contract if the contract states that MS will provide guaranteed 24x7 uninterrupted service.

Yes, there is an implied level of service, but having the servers overloaded due to unanticipated demand for a short period of time, i.e. - a few days, doesn't mean MS didn't perform due diligence.

The phone company only provides enough capacity to service a small percentage of customers using the phone system at the same time. During national emergencies, such as earthquakes, etc., people have frequently experienced "lines are all busy" messages, but you can't sue the phone company during those periods. Utility/service providers are only expected to cover "normal" usage patterns. If a service provider scaled up to provide service during worst case load, we would all be paying a fortune for that service.

At crumas2

I guess your right but i just wanna see ms get sued, 1 because i couldnt play bioshock for a day, 2 because i paid 50 dollars, if im paying money like that i expect no problems, and 3, ms r teh evils!

I hope the 3 guys win. M$ = phailure because of Vista and deserve pain to go with the trash they created.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
I hope the 3 guys win. M$ = phailure because of Vista and deserve pain to go with the trash they created.

I'm using Vista right now, it's not so bad, but it's definitely not XP though (I was expecting the next XP, what I got was a step sideways, neither good nor bad).

I doubt this will make it into the courts, there's no real basis for "breach of contract" and what else could be next, loss of income? (Obviously being sarcastic there).

ssj12 said:

If you cherry pick worst case product and/or service examples to judge a company, then you'll have to do the same for most large corporations.  Almost all have screwed customers over at some point in time.  I've had a few Sony products that I paid top dollar for go bad just after the 1-year warranty expired, only to have Sony support say, "sorry, you're out of warranty."

I don't like it, and I certainly don't like the MS abuse of monopoly power to try and gain new monopolies (this is one of the reasons I own a Mac instead of a Windows machine), but I try not to demonize companies as if they're evil.

The 3 guys who brought suit need to get lives.  If they can't deal with an Xbox Live outage, then they need to get out more often.  

ssj12 said:

And I want to see every Sony product ever made fail because they illegally installed rootkits and deceived hundreds of thousands of customers.

That makes sense, right? I mean, the Playstation has everything to do with the rootkit scandal. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
ssj12 said:

And I want to see every Sony product ever made fail because they illegally installed rootkits and deceived hundreds of thousands of customers.

That makes sense, right? I mean, the Playstation has everything to do with the rootkit scandal.

Comedy, pure comedy. And if you're trying to say lets not start the whole MS the evil empire bit because Sony is just as guilty of screwing end users over, I agree completely

OnlyIsrael said:

Comedy, pure comedy. And if you're trying to say lets not start the whole MS the evil empire bit because Sony is just as guilty of screwing end users over, I agree completely

My point is that if you can't find a reason to dislike every major corporation in the world, you're not looking very hard.

I pick a product I like and I buy it. If it fails to meet my expectations, I do not buy another one. It's that simple. Brand names suck and fanboys suck even more.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/