By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - when will square enix will put a real final fantasy on the wii

I think never, just because Square Enix wants to make a Final Fantasy on the best graphics console. As seen with the PS1, PS2, and now the PS3.

Around the Network

This gen could decide that for next gen depends on how well Ninty does over sony....its looking good so far, but...S-E has always been about pushing hardware when it comes to their main games. plus i think sony still owns 20% or more shares with S-E.

PC/wii/Ps3 owner~!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

I suck at Lair because I can't move my hands... 

I think never but do think there will be afinal fantasy tactics game for the wii.

kimbo said:
I think never, just because Square Enix wants to make a Final Fantasy on the best graphics console. As seen with the PS1, PS2, and now the PS3.

Err the PS2 was the WORST console when it came to graphics.  The Gamecube and Xbox both were stronger graphics wise.  Not as big a gap as the PS3/Wii though.

Kasz216 said:
kimbo said:

Err the PS2 was the WORST console when it came to graphics. The Gamecube and Xbox both were stronger graphics wise. Not as big a gap as the PS3/Wii though.

FFX, and FFX-2, and FFXII has some awesome graphics on the PS2.

Around the Network

Square hates money

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Kasz216 said:
kimbo said:

Err the PS2 was the WORST console when it came to graphics. The Gamecube and Xbox both were stronger graphics wise. Not as big a gap as the PS3/Wii though.

Let me rephrase what I said so it be perfectly clear to you. Square Enix uses Playstation hardware good, as see with FFX, FFXII on the PS2.

Pizza_TheHut said:
This gen could decide that for next gen depends on how well Ninty does over sony....its looking good so far, but...S-E has always been about pushing hardware when it comes to their main games. plus i think sony still owns 20% or more shares with S-E.

I'm pretty sure it's less than 10% actually.  It used to be a little less then 20% before the Enix merger but afterwords dropped to about 8% do to the value of the company rising.

kimbo said:
Kasz216 said:
kimbo said:

Let me rephrase what I said so it be perfectly clear to you. Square Enix uses Playstation hardware good, as see with FFX, FFXII on the PS2.

No what you said was that Square Enix wants to make Final Fantasy on the best graphics console for example the Ps1, PS2 and now PS3.

You may have meant to say something else however you did not do to your poor phrasing. 

doubt we'll see more than 1 more main FF this gen. they already went through all the trouble of making an engine for the game, and with graphics being so important for the FF fans i don't see it going elsewhere. FF14 will probably be on PS3, but i think we'll start seeing many of the other franchises including DQ moved to Wii, and possibly even a few on 360.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X