By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson: Announcing the 320 GB Media Hard Drive

kowenicki said:
Xenostar said:
kowenicki said:
Mythe said:
I could get a 500GB for $50 for my PS3.... this seems like a rip off.

I'm pretty sure this HDD wont work with PS3...   

relevance?

Probably would work if you cracked it open and took out what will no doubt just be a normal laptop HDD inside, they certainly were on the old 360's 

I think you missed my point.

Probably, 

I agree with most in here tho i dont know how people fill the 250gig drive, i certainly never have on either console, and if i did im sure there would be loads i could delete, i think this HDD is more for the people that bought the 4gig xbox, but at that price i think id just spend the extra and get another xbox with a 250gig drive inside. 

Around the Network

Want this (Because my 250GB Harddrive is full with game installs and DLC), but i'm gonna have to pass for now.

It is quite easy to fill up space, especially if you install a lot of games on your hdd. I have 40gb of free space on my 250gb Reach 360. Now I could easily free up space if I deleted games I haven't played in awhile, but I still don't really NEED to.

Technically, I do actually have this 320gb hdd, as I also bought the 320gb Gears 3 360 recently. I haven't hooked it up yet though.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

That's almost the price of a Wii.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

kowenicki said:
Mythe said:

relevance?

I mean if you can get a hard drive that goes into laptops and ps3s for $50 with more hard drive space, it really shouldn't cost way more for less hard drive space on a 360. You can say "oh it's specially made for the 360 and it can't work on anything else" but Microsoft clearly made sure people could only buy their hard drives so they can make a higher profit and charge whatever they want. It's pretty much what Dell does with their computers.

I'm not against Microsoft making money, hell they can charge whatever they want, it's their company. But business wise this move isn't right when their main competitor offers a much cheaper option.

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Around the Network

Already got one in my 360, came with the Gears 3 SE Console. Will probably be the only space I ever will need on my 360, Its already got about 100GB on it.

Mythe said:
kowenicki said:
Mythe said:

relevance?

I mean if you can get a hard drive that goes into laptops and ps3s for $50 with more hard drive space, it really shouldn't cost way more for less hard drive space on a 360. You can say "oh it's specially made for the 360 and it can't work on anything else" but Microsoft clearly made sure people could only buy their hard drives so they can make a higher profit and charge whatever they want. It's pretty much what Dell does with their computers.

I'm not against Microsoft making money, hell they can charge whatever they want, it's their company. But business wise this move isn't right when their main competitor offers a much cheaper option.

That's pretty much the idea here. It looks bad, business-wise, since Sony uses regular old laptop HDDs for the PS3. Microsoft is just trying to get more money of the player's pocket, since you can only use their hard drives.

Mythe said:
kowenicki said:
Mythe said:

relevance?

Yes you can put in a 500gb hdd on PS3 but last time I checked Sony doesn`t offer hdd`s for PS3 at all.

I agree that the hdd is too expensive however. Sony doesn`t actually offer a cheaper option nor do any 3rd parties actually sell PS3 harddrives. If you don`t know how to open the PS3 up and install a non-propietary hdd than you are out of luck unless you`re willing to buy a whole new PS3 for more space.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad