By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD: X360 #1 438k, PS3 374k, Wii 240k, 3DS 260k, DS 145k

Will the NDS pass 50 million?

Yes! 65 61.32%

No 10 9.43%

I'm on the fence 12 11.32%

See Results 18 16.98%

Total:105

Kinect momentum continues with a growing portfolio of more than 75 Kinect for Xbox 360 titles in the market by holiday – four times larger than last holiday. A robust Kinect portfolio, blockbuster game releases, major entertainment partnerships and new hardware offerings prime Xbox 360 for a record holiday sales season.

What do you supposed new hardware offerings mean?  Suppose it is just the special editions?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

I really wonder how vcg reacts to these numbers. I mean they basically ignored the 360 npd numbers these past few months so I assume they think their tracking is more accurate(maybe it is who knows), so does that mean the ps3 and 3ds won't get adjusted? or meet the npd halfway? or they only ignore xbox 360 npd numbers?

LMAO!!! ps3 undertracked like a mofo.

Impressive numbers for 360 and Gears of War 3.

3DS software sales are disappointing.

Woot!!! Nintendo's number one again!!!

Nintendo: 645k
MS: 438k
Sony: 374k

Around the Network

Wow.. PS3 was majorly under-tracked. I'm curious; how does VGChartz go about actually tracking hardware sales? Is there an element of guessing involved?

pezus said:
enrageorange said:
I really wonder how vcg reacts to these numbers. I mean they basically ignored the 360 npd numbers these past few months so I assume they think their tracking is more accurate(maybe it is who knows), so does that mean the ps3 and 3ds won't get adjusted? or meet the npd halfway? or they only ignore xbox 360 npd numbers?

I think VGC have stealth adjusted 360 a bit, long after the reports. Could be wrong though.

oh i remember,June's VGC 360 numbers is about 300k and NPD is 500k,did they adjusted?

3DS...
I..... I.... *cries and jumps from a cliff*

PS3 looks like its majorly undertracked and the 360 is slightly undertracked.

I dont really understand all whats going on here so can someone very simply tell me how much each of the consoles is over or undertracked by please?