By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - so is killzone 3 a hard fps, or am i just a newb at fps

im not a big fan of fps, but i figured i would try one out so i bought killzone 3.  now is killzone 3 a harder fps or am i just not good cuz i played the game on easy and i was having difficulty towards the end, unless it has a feature where it changes the difficulty based on your ability like infamous.  other than the difficulty, it was pretty fun.  the story was a little dry in my opinion.  

EDIT:  i'm referring to the single player campaign.  i think i totaled 50 some deaths on easy.  now i played demon's souls and that game seemed easier to me than kz3.  maybe thats because i live for rpg's and action games.  

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Around the Network

Killzone 3 is an easy fps... try Killzone 2 for see what I'm saying .

the weak point of kz3 was the story imho...so much potential but horrible delivery...MP is ace tho :D so are you referring to the sp or mp? neither is too difficult compared to other games..but in mp it just practice and with time you unlock abilities to really aid you

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I've noticed Killzone 3 is about as hard as Uncharted 2. So yes it is hard. Like with most other FPS on normal I just run in guns a blazing. Not with Killzone, I stick my head out for more than 2 seconds I'm dead. And that's on normal. I shudder at hard.

I think that the fact that your team-mate can revive you in most sections can make a person lazy :p.

I wouldn't call the game difficult though the later sections can be more tricky.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
I've noticed Killzone 3 is about as hard as Uncharted 2. So yes it is hard. Like with most other FPS on normal I just run in guns a blazing. Not with Killzone, I stick my head out for more than 2 seconds I'm dead. And that's on normal. I shudder at hard.

Killzone 3? Killzone 2 is harder... I just can't get Platinum... but Killzone 3 is easy the hardest difficult is still playable .

I'd say it's in the middle, not that hard, not easy though.

Since you are not an fps fan, you will have problems with any fps. Have patience and try out the game to see what works best, killzone isn't really that hard. Its harder than many other fps's but fps's in general are easy.

ethomaz said:
darkknightkryta said:

Killzone 3? Killzone 2 is harder... I just can't get Platinum... but Killzone 3 is easy the hardest difficult is still playable .

The only hard parts on the highest difficulty in KZ3 were the on-rail sections.

KZ2 though was hard as shit on Veteran Elite. 

ethomaz said:
darkknightkryta said:

Never played Killzone 2 :D.  Just comparing it to what I've played.  Not the hardest game I've played in the last 5 years, but I die quite often.  Now that I think about it, it's not overly hard, but you have to persevere through the deaths.