By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 Week Countdown 2011 - End Results

Truckosaurus wasn't last!

In fact looking at the rest of daveJ's Nintendo predictions, he is probably going to be last every week from now on unless he manages single figures on the PS3 and X360.

Around the Network

Anyone looking for the results to Week 5, they're just on the other page.

Seece said:
non-gravity said:
TWRoO said:

Out of interest, what is it that caused this ridiculous bump in American sales? some kind of special BF deal? (there are deals every year though, so it must have been a damn good deal to make this kind of impact)

It is kind of strange that all three consoles are up over last year's BF. I think there were 99$ Wiis 149$ X360s and 199$ PS3s

More suprisingly PS3 jumped 79% in old EMEAA from 186k to 333k. Dunno if last week got adjusted.

Did PS3 get some massive deals in Europe? If not I'll enquire with ioi as to what caused the bump.

I have no idea, I might have seen some ads here in Holland, though we have Sinterklaas on December 5 which is as big as Christmass for children. This week looks suprisingly similar to last year though which had GT5 launch. 75% up from 187k to 328k.

Edit: seems like Sony is bundling in free games with the 320GB at 299. In my experience they do this every holiday though, with the basic model dropping an extra 20/30 euros.

Ewwwwww. Horrible Week!

BHR-3's alternative numbers stand at 216, 19 points lower.

Weekly differences
Week 1: 0
Week 2: -3
Week 3: -19
Week 4: +3
Week 5: 0

Carl2291 said:
Ewwwwww. Horrible Week!

Yeah I passed you

Dunno how long I'll stay so high though.

Around the Network

As 5 weeks have gone by, seemed a good time to see what the ranks are like with current adjusted numbers (not to be confused with what non-gravity has already posted):

Thanks I was thinking of doing that during the week :).

Interesting how Machina is on top now.

I'm higher with current adjustments, lol.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Machina said:
Oh what, don't post those! It's just cruel. I'd be well in the lead :(

if the adjustments hold (which will be unlikely but generally each adjustement should get closer and closer to the final figure) then you will be in the lead, at least assuming non-gravity follows the same procedure I did, in that the winner is based on adjusted figures, not the originals. For now I just posted them for you to see what the changes were, which is positive for yourself. (though as the figures will contine getting adjustments every so often through 2012 I would say it's best to wait till at least the FY results (April/May 2012) till we assume the 10 week 2011 VGC figures are 'final' (they may still get adjusted time even through the rest of 2012, but probably not by much)

Why I'm one of the best with PS3 and Wii prediction and so bad with 360 and 3DS .