By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 Week Countdown 2011 - End Results

hmm are sales UP from last year....?!??! Seems like the total number of consoles is higher at first glance.

Around the Network

The first week is done. Well Congrats to the first winner.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

theprof00 said:
I maintain that I'll be higher up when adjustments come in and 360 doesn't have a ridiculous 30% boost for no reason.
30% boost for a sequel, when halo and cod are right around the corner....just doesn't make sense.

last year the Wii had a 50% boost in week 1 for no reason. (unless there was some kind of deal)

Actually looking again the boost in EMEAA was 96%... was there a price cut then?

TWRoO said:
theprof00 said:
I maintain that I'll be higher up when adjustments come in and 360 doesn't have a ridiculous 30% boost for no reason.
30% boost for a sequel, when halo and cod are right around the corner....just doesn't make sense.

last year the Wii had a 50% boost in week 1 for no reason. (unless there was some kind of deal)

Actually looking again the boost in EMEAA was 96%... was there a price cut then?

Week 1 2010 had the Red Mario Wii bundle.

I think it's not unreasonable that a 2.2 million opening week for a game moves some extra hardware. Add that to some baseline of +15/20% for the holiday effect and you may as well have a strange 35% boost. Call of Duty is still twice as big but boost hardware year after year. In 2009 and 2010 Week 3 Call of Duty Week was bigger than Week 4 for the HD consoles.

non-gravity said:
TWRoO said:
theprof00 said:

I think it's not unreasonable that a 2.2 million opening week for a game moves some extra hardware. Add that to some baseline of +15/20% for the holiday effect and you may as well have a strange 35% boost. Call of Duty is still twice as big but boost hardware year after year. In 2009 and 2010 Week 3 Call of Duty Week was bigger than Week 4 for the HD consoles.

so only 15% for ps3 then>?

Around the Network
non-gravity said:
TWRoO said:
theprof00 said:

Hmm, I had that info in the 2010 thread, which I have bookmarked.... not sure why I didn't check it :-/

theprof00 said:

PS3 got no boost over the 25k it does in Japan where the holiday lift start later. 

To be fair looking at EMEAA it does look a bit odd PS3 receives less than half the boost other platforms get, which could be the result of it already selling at high levels where the others still have larger steps to take to reach holiday levels.

non-gravity said:
theprof00 said:

PS3 got no boost over the 25k it does in Japan where the holiday lift start later. 

To be fair looking at EMEAA it does look a bit odd PS3 receives less than half the boost other platforms get, which could be the result of it already selling at high levels where the others still have larger steps to take to reach holiday levels.

supply constraint maybe?

Well, I'm not last!

Winner

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

How Can I get number 1 on HD console when I am only buying Nintendo!

that was funny. I had no clue with regards to Xbox and Playstation 3.

Switch!!!