By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii used for physical rehab

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/155073.html?playlist=featured

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

Im very proud of both sony and nintendo for helping people and saving lives.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

nice story makes me smile and im gonna kick yo azzz

I'm a bit confused you're mentioning sony, cause the article is just about the wii!

And it's not about nintendo "helping" anyone, it's about reha centers utilizing the wii.
Nintendo is just doin their plain business, selling consoles and games, they didn't even donate anthing.

My thoughts about folding@home (i guess you were aiming at this):
It's a neat contribution, but to call it "saving lives" is exagerated, no one was cured cause of f@h!
If anyone really wants to save lives, just donate for unicef (you are aware about the situation in africa for example). Don't tell me you don't got the money for donations and f@h is for free, it's not true !

Just turn of your ps3, save the energiecosts and donate them.

btw. did you know:
Bill Gates did donate over 29 billion usd since 2000. Sony and Nintendo don't hold a candle against this.
Are you now going to buy a x360 ?

Around the Network

Yeah, this is sorta old news, Zack. But it's very rare that a video game console would be used for therapy and rehab.

You DO realize that video games also help with regular people, right? Hand-eye coordination, reaction times/responses (like awareness of things happening with vision) etc. Not just that, games also keep your mind thinking a lot of times. They also are proven to freshen your mind and express your creativity. I play Pokemon still, and I work with children at summer camps and daycares, so I have to widen my tastes so that what I'm interested in appeals to other kids or people as well. Games that get you thinking and strategy are my favorites, and when I'm bored, I draw stuff from video games and the like.