By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Warner Bros. Announces Exclusive Suport of Blue Ray.

finalsquall said:
rocketpig said:
finalsquall said:
Victoresparza2003 said:
Do you guys think that Sony offered any type of incentive (ca$h) to WB for their switch like MS did. Or do you think it was based purely on the fact that BD sales are so much greater than HD-DVD's.

No that is the American way. For Sony it's about building a trusting partnership.

*rolls eyes*

Yeah, Sony never moneyhats anything.

You can keep rolling your eyes... MS and Toshiba are the ones paying studio's off. If Sony lets games like gta4 slip due to not paying; why would the movie side of Sony be different? I think Sony tries to create partnerships and in turn both parties benefits - I'll scratch your back you scratch mine... Where as Toshiba and MS have decided to buy exclusivity; we all know how MS does its work for games.

One thing Sony has done is help Square recover from their loses with FF SW movie. Bad Sony.

You pretty much have two choices here: you can admit to the completely rational and logical explanation that Sony DOES moneyhat on occassion, or you can try to explain why Microsoft manages to moneyhat and and make money at the same time, while Sony apparently isn't moneyhatting, but they're bleeding billions of dollars in the gaming division.

So Sony either is moneyhatting to maintain Blu Ray/Playstation marketshare, or they're grossly financially incompetent. Your choice.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Time to get PS3

TheBigFatJ said:
zackblue said:
@avinash

Yea so 10% of dvd sales are High def just so you know and rising.

Actually, they're less than 1% just so you know.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119948145087468431.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Last year, high-definition disc sales represented less than 1% of the entire DVD market, said Tom Adams, of Adams Media Research.

You should update that link. It's just taking us to the story on the switch.

Yet if it's true, Warner's switch may not be enough to end this format war, as long as sales are this low. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Hopefully, Sales of the Ps3 will continue to rise. Specially, now that most of the movies wil be on Blu-Ray. More Blu-Ray movies need a good Blu-Ray player and thats where the Ps3 comes in.

Bodhesatva said:
finalsquall said:
rocketpig said:
finalsquall said:
Victoresparza2003 said:
Do you guys think that Sony offered any type of incentive (ca$h) to WB for their switch like MS did. Or do you think it was based purely on the fact that BD sales are so much greater than HD-DVD's.

No that is the American way. For Sony it's about building a trusting partnership.

*rolls eyes*

You can keep rolling your eyes... MS and Toshiba are the ones paying studio's off. If Sony lets games like gta4 slip due to not paying; why would the movie side of Sony be different? I think Sony tries to create partnerships and in turn both parties benefits - I'll scratch your back you scratch mine... Where as Toshiba and MS have decided to buy exclusivity; we all know how MS does its work for games.

One thing Sony has done is help Square recover from their loses with FF SW movie. Bad Sony.

You pretty much have two choices here: you can admit to the completely rational and logical explanation that Sony DOES moneyhat on occassion, or you can try to explain why Microsoft manages to moneyhat and and make money at the same time, while Sony apparently isn't moneyhatting, but they're bleeding billions of dollars in the gaming division.

So Sony either is moneyhatting to maintain Blu Ray/Playstation marketshare, or they're grossly financially incompetent. Your choice.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.  I'm losing it over here.  Classic post and very true.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

@BH Of course Sony would use the money hat... Umm, they're a business. But they are not the ones bribing studio's with 50mil. I think that speaks in volumes how studio's are supporting Blu ray for Blu ray as opposed to being brought.

the way Toshiba and MS have gone about this format war is backfiring on them and so it should. Damn Transformers was meant to be on Blu Ray... It will in 2 yrs :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Profcrab said:
Bodhesatva said:
finalsquall said:
rocketpig said:
finalsquall said:
Victoresparza2003 said:

*rolls eyes*

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. I'm losing it over here. Classic post and very true.

Sony doesn't "buy exclusives". Yet the fanboys here actually believe them.

And so those fanboys have less excuse to lie that I'm singling them out, Microsoft fanboys tried to excuse the RRoDs until the evidence mounted up. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

finalsquall said:
@BH Of course Sony would use the money hat... Umm, they're a business. But they are not the ones bribing studio's with 50mil. I think that speaks in volumes how studio's are supporting Blu ray for Blu ray as opposed to being brought.

the way Toshiba and MS have gone about this format war is backfiring on them and so it should. Damn Transformers was meant to be on Blu Ray... It will in 2 yrs :P

Liar. It's that none have been reported as widely.

Bodhesatva said:
finalsquall said:
rocketpig said:
finalsquall said:
Victoresparza2003 said:

*rolls eyes*

So you are saying that Sony have bribed Warner to swith side and Microsoft have not lost billions in game devision?