By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 4 Reviews

Not a sim fan, but good scores, looks like they gave this game there all.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Mistershine said:
Do you think the reviewers know the Capslock Fury they'll unleash upon themselves by saying it's better than GT5?

well... a lot of them are saying it.... they cant all be biased can they?

but you are right, the incandescent fanboy rage will be a joy to behold.

with the Spec II update I highly doubt GT fans even know this game exist anymore

thats great news for turn 10 i probably won't buy it still maybe rent from GameFly but still impressive.

Awesome! One 8.5 and the rest 9 or higher!

I can't wait till Forza comes out so I can go and pick up my pre-order

Hey, not bad. So this become one of the few franchises with 4 games all of them being 90 or over. That's an awesome feat for Turn 10.

Around the Network

Shoot, if I played racing simulators this would be the one. Rival mode sounds sweet considering you can race your friends records when they are offline.

These reviwers have clearly lost their marbles. Best sim and best graphics, they must be playing a different game then me. GT5 uses a higher res then forza and due to that the cars and tracks look more crisp and less blurry. The Forza cars still don't have the same amount of detail that GT5 does and the higher res makes this much more clear. The lighting during racing is flat and still not on the same level as GT5.

Forza even with all options on simulation still uses "driving assist". You can hit the gas to max during a full corner and your car will not spin out or lose control at all. Try doing that in GT5 and your car is spinning 100% of the time.

No weather or night racing in Forza either.  But the game from what i can tell runs more smoothly then GT5 and has no screen tearing during heavy scenes like GT5.

kowenicki said:
Griffin said:

These reviwers have clearly lost their marbles. Best sim and best graphics, they must be playing a different game then me. GT5 uses a higher res then forza and due to that the cars and tracks look more crisp and less blurry. The Forza cars still don't have the same amount of detail that GT5 does and the higher res makes this much more clear. The lighting during racing is flat and still not on the same level as GT5.

Forza even with all options on simulation still uses "driving assist". You can hit the gas to max during a full corner and your car will not spin out or lose control at all. Try doing that in GT5 and your car is spinning 100% of the time.

No weather or night racing in Forza either.  But the game from what i can tell runs more smootly then GT5 and has no screen tearing during heavy scenes like GT5.

er....

lol

best leave it at that.

Let the meltdowns commence.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Allfreedom99 said:
 If they claim its better than GT5 then makes me wonder why it may likely not sell as much as GT5 (based on sales of Forza 3). I guess it just must be a brand name recognition thing. Im hoping this will boost their brand name recognition much further.

Since when has quality had anything to do with sales? By your reasoning Call of Duty is the greatest FPS of all time by a long shot.

Funtime said:
Allfreedom99 said:
 If they claim its better than GT5 then makes me wonder why it may likely not sell as much as GT5 (based on sales of Forza 3). I guess it just must be a brand name recognition thing. Im hoping this will boost their brand name recognition much further.

Since when has quality had anything to do with sales? By your reasoning Call of Duty is the greatest FPS of all time by a long shot.

But Call of Duty is the best FPS of all time :)