By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has anyone else gotten the Mango update for WP7?

selnor said:
yep. Did the force and its a brilliant os.

What Microsoft has done is negate the need to clog up ur phone with several apps.
I don't need a Facebook app, because its intergrated into the phone and works better than any app for Facebook. I deleted shazzam because the os has this function built in but better and smoother.
Has anyone else also noticed that ur calender on the os is updated automatically with any event or occasskon from any of your friends on Facebook?

Also the voice recognition both for texting and Bing is awesome. And very responsive.

The metro user interface always had the potential to be the best. And now its shown why. Its so fast and so easy to do anything on the phone without needing apps it makes my wifes fiddly app filled android seem awkward and slow.

The only apps I have a need for is my wpcentral app, f1 app, premier league app and giant bomb. Oh also have amazon kindle and photo editor. Other than these news apps and photo apps, the os does everything smoother faster than any app out there for any os. ALL social networking stuff is seamlessly built into the os.

Very very impressive.

I actually negated the use of apps like those by just getting a great feed reader (I recommend Fuse highly).  Less apps and, to be honest, most of those are glorified feed readers but only for one site.  It's great to have everything right there when it comes to news feeds.