By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft go Handheld...

ssj12 said:

here it is guys

The XBoy:

ROTFL  - Good find ssj12.  It looks about as slick as other xbox products.  And yet... strangely, now I want one.

Around the Network

I could imagine that until the relatively failure of the PSP,their plans for an Xheld {btw German Held = hero ;) }were rather advanced.And until now their 'handheld-department' seems to be frozen or maybe they are brainstorming over the changed market.Stay tuned handheld fans!

Quality for Life

ROFL, Whats the use to even try... ninty will just fly by MS as they did sony's PSP.
That being said, "When it comes to handhelds don't F*^@! with Nintendo!"

But, Seriously i hope MS does jump in the Handheld scene it'll be good for all of us, Alot more competitive market= Great Games from all 3 companies.

PC/wii/Ps3 owner~!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

I suck at Lair because I can't move my hands... 

When is Sony and Nintendo going to release the next generation of handhelds anyways?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

It would be a bad idea for MS but if they did it would look like this.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
When is Sony and Nintendo going to release the next generation of handhelds anyways?

Nintendois already working on the DS2.  Believe me or not, whatever, but I have a buddy who has a buddy that has been working on DS2 game for about a year now.  Sadly, my buddy can't get what the other buddy is working on or the specs of the DS2 out of him.  All we know is he's been working on that game for about a year so I wouldn't be surprised to hear the announcement of the DS2 sometime within the next year.

Summaro400ex said:

It would be a bad idea for MS but if they did it would look like this.

no way the one I posted is 100% more logical on Microsoft's part. It would allow them to put everything every feature the Xbox and Xbox 360 ever had in it. Including a DVD drive. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

twesterm said:
ssj12 said:

Nintendois already working on the DS2.  Believe me or not, whatever, but I have a buddy who has a buddy that has been working on DS2 game for about a year now.  Sadly, my buddy can't get what the other buddy is working on or the specs of the DS2 out of him.  All we know is he's been working on that game for about a year so I wouldn't be surprised to hear the announcement of the DS2 sometime within the next year.

you are a game dev arent you? I'd most likely believe you more then some random shmo.

@ssj12

The one i posted is the arcade model and the one you posted is the premium model. Come on i would expect you to have known that 

Microsoft won't do it. As it is Rare one of their 2nd parties is releasing games on the DS.

I guess you could argue that they are testing the market but I don't think so. If they go the same way as the PSP and try to sell a system at a loss and make it up with software sells it will never work for them. They don't have any franchise that they control that could sell a hand-held.

FPS can sell a home consol but they do not do as well on hand helds. Sony's mistake was thinking that the needs in both markets were the same, they know differently now. You can't churn out port or lower powered versions of home systems and expect it to work.

Until Microsoft has had some experience in finding a game the will capture the admiration of the handheld gamer it is not wise to get in the water. Besides the Xbox and the 360 hasn't exactly paid off for them financially. They are still selling at a loss, the X-box never made its money back. The best thing that came from the systems is recognition (as if they need more). Oh, and also they get all of those X-box Live dues.

But this is just my opinion- maybe Bill will.