By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft go Handheld...

If Microsoft goes Handheld,

How would it be, the name and its features?

Would it have a chance against DS or PSP?

How long would it last?

.: Wii & DS: Perfect Combination :.

Around the Network

xboy : graphics 360 wise

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

fmich1985 said:

If Microsoft goes Handheld,

How would it be, the name and its features?

Would it have a chance against DS or PSP?

How long would it last?

They just wouldn't. An Xbox portable would have to be equally multimedia-featured to the PSP, and so suffer from the software piracy/buying as a multimedia player/battery life problems.

Then they'd still get beaten by Nintendo. The PSP used the Playstation 2 brandname at its peak, has most of the franchises found on the world's most popular console, and still lost. 

It's not worth the risk - having a handheld won't acheieve Microsoft's real goals of bashing Sony and increasing sales of Windows.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

kirby007 said:
xboy : graphics 360 wise

Xboy..that does sound rather..queer

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I hope they do it. I have never bought portable before and DS and PSP does not interest me^^

Around the Network

RROD on the 360? A handheld way smaller than the 360 about the size of the orignal xbox controller it wont burn your hands with 360 graphics?

I hope they dont.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

They already had

Its called the zune...which isnt doing that great

so no they wont make a hand held to complete with Nintendo and sony

^^^ was going to say, if they did, they would probably just evolve the Zune, which may be their ultimate goal.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

@Yojimbo

If you are not interested in anything the DS or PSP are offering what could Microsoft offer that would make you buy? just wondering...

Yeah they won't.. Even Sony wasn't able to deal with Nintendo, with a more sophisticated device, and, like Game_Boy said, with the Plsystation brandname at its peak height. Nintendo and the DS are like Apple and the iPod, and Microsoft has already tried competing against that with their Zune. Look how that turned out.

2008 Predictions:

Wii: 44 Million
Xbox360: 25 Million
PS3: 22 Million

DS: 90 Million
PSP: 37 Million