By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Level-5 trademarks Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch in America

dano said:
will it stay exclusive? it could really get a lot more sales if it comes to both platforms.

I sincerely doubt that, jrpgs sell horrible on 360 even FFXIII which was advertised to hell only sold 1/4 of what the ps3 version did and I think most of those 360 sales were of multi console owners anyways. This game is fairly obscure and not many people will know about it on launch, the 360 demographic would completely ignore it.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Is Level 5 publishing it? Or is it going to be something like WKC 1 where L5 developed it and Sony published it in the US?

Level 5 has got a new HQ that just opened up in California in like September, so I'm pretty sure they will be publishing most of their games now in the US.

rottingcorpse1 said:
dano said:
will it stay exclusive? it could really get a lot more sales if it comes to both platforms.

I sincerely doubt that, jrpgs sell horrible on 360 even FFXIII which was advertised to hell only sold 1/4 of what the ps3 version did and I think most of those 360 sales were of multi console owners anyways. This game is fairly obscure and not many people will know about it on launch, the 360 demographic would completely ignore it.

But there are good selling jrpgs on the 360, lost oddyssey sold good, also, FF XIII was the first mayor final fantasy to be on an xbox plattform (i don´t count XI) most of the fan base was already gonna buy it for PS3, and it ended up selling almost 2 million on 360, those are huge numbers even if a small fraction of the total, and square enix must be veery happy with that result.

Look, i´m not saying it would sell more on the 360, but as you say, an "obscure" rpg like it could see a benefit from being on the more popular platform too, i would totally buy it if it comes to the 360 (because i don´t have a PS3) but i see your point also... and i know iit´s not the same as Final Fantasy, but who knows? maybe if marketed well they can find the audience to buy it.

I hope i made sense with what i just wrote.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

dano said:
rottingcorpse1 said:
dano said:

But there are good selling jrpgs on the 360, lost oddyssey sold good, also, FF XIII was the first mayor final fantasy to be on an xbox plattform (i don´t count XI) most of the fan base was already gonna buy it for PS3, and it ended up selling almost 2 million on 360, those are huge numbers even if a small fraction of the total, and square enix must be veery happy with that result.

Look, i´m not saying it would sell more on the 360, but as you say, an "obscure" rpg like it could see a benefit from being on the more popular platform too, i would totally buy it if it comes to the 360 (because i don´t have a PS3) but i see your point also... and i know iit´s not the same as Final Fantasy, but who knows? maybe if marketed well they can find the audience to buy it.

360 and ps3 have nearly identically sized fanbases and once you factor in the 360s failrate it actually leans towards ps3s being a little bigger so I really wouldn't call 360 a more popular platform, frankly the game would be better off porting to the wii or wiiU then 360. 360 just doesn't have a good fanbase for rpgs, they mostly want shooters and nothing that isn't advertised alot sells that well. Leaving it as a ps3 exclusive for whatever perks Sony is giving them and avoiding the cost of porting is a better choice for a game like this, games like this have thrived because of being ps3 exclusives in the past and not one has a success story on 360 (notice that all the devs stopped making jrpgs on 360, they aren't even making them multiplat with the 360 anymore)

dano said:

I doubt that Ni No kuni will be on the 360 due to Level-5 and MS' past. You won't ever see a level-5 game on the 360 ATM.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
dano said:

I doubt that Ni No kuni will be on the 360 due to Level-5 and MS' past. You won't ever see a level-5 game on the 360 ATM.

Well in that case....too bad, the game looks very good.a

That's some good news.

a.k.a. Ni no Kuni: White People Still Like That Narnia Shit, Right?

dano said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
dano said:

Dude, if you really want this game that bad then just buy a PS3... Believe me, you won't regret the purchase.  The system has other exclusive games that you may enjoy  such as LBP, WKC, FF versus XIII, the last guardian, Heavy Rain  as well as other more action oriented titles  such as Killzone, Infamous, God of War, Resistance, Uncharted, Twisted Metal...etc, etc..etc.   If you like playing games, you can't go wrong with a PS3.  

Colocho said:
dano said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
dano said:

Dude, if you really want this game that bad then just buy a PS3... Believe me, you won't regret the purchase.  The system has other exclusive games that you may enjoy  such as LBP, WKC, FF versus XIII, the last guardian, Heavy Rain  as well as other more action oriented titles  such as Killzone, Infamous, God of War, Resistance, Uncharted, Twisted Metal...etc, etc..etc.   If you like playing games, you can't go wrong with a PS3.  

I know of all the good games on the system that i´m missing, unfortunately i can´t afford a PS3 , being an industrial design student away from home, it´s sometimes very expensive and i only have a 360 and a gamecube and i´m fine as it is, i also have a Wii but i left it with my brother ( gonna have to take it a few weeks to play Skyward Sword...already preordered).

And i´m not saying that i´m dying to play the game, i said it was too bad because the game looks good, i can live with not playing it, but it would be for my benefit and i think many others that it was  multiplatform. 

I would love to have a PS3 and all those exclusives, but maybe someday i´ll have some extra cash or borrow the system from a friend to play some of those games ( i did this to play God of War 3 and it was fantastic).