By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lens of Truth - Head2Head: Battlefield 3 Beta Analysis PS3 vs Xbox 360

Here is a look on how the the PS3 and 360 versions of BattleField 3 are looking like going head 2 head.  :)

More info about each console versions peformence is in the Link: http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-battlefield-3-beta-analysis/

Around the Network

surprised 360s look better in certain pics either that or they dont have rbg full on which can bee see how it benefits the ps3s image in therw bc2 and mw2 comparisons

i got a chance to play it yesterday graphics look very good for MP beta cant wait to see what the SP looks there usually higher quality than the MP and have more going on

the only thing i didnt like was how things met to the ground like trees and sand bags also there was no blur around the gun when going down the sights like in COD or even in real life when focusing on the object closest to your eye

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
surprised 360s look better in certain pics either that or they dont have rbg full on which can bee see how it benefits the ps3s image in therw bc2 and mw2 comparisons

i got a chance to play it yesterday graphics look very good for MP beta cant wait to see what the SP looks there usually higher quality than the MP and have more going on

the only thing i didnt like was how things met to the ground like trees and sand bags also there was no blur around the gun when going down the sights like in COD or even in real life when focusing on the object closest to your eye

they dont do the full rgb thing with the ps3. They just use the default settings

the only time when you would even need to use that is if you are going to play the 1st Assasins Creed or some of those other games back in the day that looked all washed up

meh... as almost always they look about the same. Either way its beta and I expect some improvement across the board for both, including PC.

The screenshots tell an interesting story vs the video. Looks like the 360's missing some light sources in the screenshots, but I don't notice them missing in the video.

Around the Network

They look mostly the same.

Man that looks even worse then Low Settings/1024x768 on my slow-ass pc.

I'm glad they had the beta, because I saved $60. I had it preordered, and I played quite a bit of Battlefield 2, but this game is just not for me. I play a lot lot lot of shooters and I'm having trouble finding the fun here. A whole lot of getting shot from bushes and dark corners. The last game just now I died 8 times before I even SAW an enemy. Spawned at original spawn? Dead. Spawn on team mate? Dead. Seriously 8 times, and never saw an opponent once. Not even as live fire markers on my map.

No thanks. It can be pretty as heck, but it's like the old days of Halo 2 where it was possible to completely lock down spawns and instakill whole teams for a whole game.

Looks great though - and SP/co-op looks even better than MP.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

I think Xbox edges out ps3 by a bit. Ps3 has better lighting but colors seem washed out. Xbox is sharper and less screen tear. However EA said ps3 is superior so i guess we'll have to wait till the final product.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Can't really tell as the video quality doesn't look that great. Not that I really care as I'm playing the PC version.