By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DSVision, Downloadable media for the DS

The Nintendo DS levels up

Double vision: Nintendo's two-screened DS is set to become even more of a must-have product thanks to the DSVision, which will allow users to watch videos and read e-books and manga on the portable console. Users simply download the media to their computer, transfer the content to a microSD card, and then load the card into a DS via a custom cartridge. The DSVision set includes a 512-megabyte microSD card, USB card-reader and the cartridge, with AM3 putting the sets on sale in January 2008 for ¥3,980. Downloadable media is set to follow in March in conjunction with e-book distributor Dai Nippon. Of course, sets such as the R4 have allowed DS users to run media and home-brew software for ages — not to mention illegally downloaded games. Whether the DSVision will somehow defy the pirates is yet to be seen.
- Japan Times 
This must be how "full" games are going to appear on the DS. 

Around the Network

So it is an M3 Card? I already have one and watch my DVDs on it in Mpeg, it's well ace

I've been watching Video on my DS for ages, also listening to music, so this is nothing new to me.

I can fit quite a bit in my 2GB card.

This is stupidly written. They start a sentence with "Users simply" and follow that up with a litany of things that most people wouldn't have the faintest idea how to do: download the media to their computer, transfer the content to a microSD card, and then load the card into a DS via a custom cartridge"

@ DKII

It isn't that hard to do.

Around the Network

YES!!!!!

its legal now to watch movie and listen to music on DS.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

DMeisterJ said:
@ DKII

It isn't that hard to do.

That's not the point. The point is that most people won't know how to do any of that stuff, despite how simple it is.

Especially since people that aren't tech-savvy will disagree on how difficult it actually is.

@weezy: It's always been legal. There's nothing illegal whatsoever about the R4, M3, or G6. It's just supported in a specific format by Nintendo now.

SW-5120-1900-6153

How do videos look with it?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )