By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Protest footage in NY, SHOCKING!

I can't believe that no one sees this as a noble cause >.>

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:
I can't believe that no one sees this as a noble cause >.>

Well, have they actually articulated their cause? I gather that they don't like Wall Street or bathing, but that's about it.

I don't see anything wrong.
You're allowed to gather and speak freely...

But you're not allowed to create unrest.
you're not allowed to blockade roads (not the cops, the protesters gathered in the street, effectively blocking the circulation).
you're not allowed to insult cops on duty (dunno for the US but you get fined for that in France (in theory)).

Those protesters did all these 3 wrong, some got arrested for it. The later ones in the video were for promoting unrest, earlier ones for insulting the cops (the word fuck comes up a lot in that video).

It's not because you know your rights that you can deprive others of theirs... these hippies kind of forget that ^^.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:

you're not allowed to blockade roads (not the cops, the protesters gathered in the street, effectively blocking the circulation).
you're not allowed to insult cops on duty (dunno for the US but you get fined for that in France (in theory)).

Those protesters did all these 3 wrong, some got arrested for it. The later ones in the video were for promoting unrest, earlier ones for insulting the cops (the word fuck comes up a lot in that video).

It's not because you know your rights that you can deprive others of theirs... these hippies kind of forget that ^^.

Freedom of speech man, you can say what ever you want to a cop in USA, and I mean anything. The cops created the unrest as they started getting overly aggressive.The cops formed in the roads and aggressed everyone on to the sidewalk, so the cops created the civeil unrest.

dammit, they're so freakin' uncivilized, that's what you'll become if you play too much CoD haha just kid din'. By the way, anyone knows what was the protest about?

Around the Network

for any interested on reading up on this, here is a second video of another pepper spray by the same officer. now he is under investigation, and looks like he had previous problems in a 2004 protest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/28/anthony-bologna-using-pep_n_985432.html

And here is a lawyer who talks about if there is a need for a permit for the protestors.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/221613/20110928/occupy-wall-street-pepper-spray.htm

While i do agree protestors should follow the instructions of peace officers, i do not agree that peace officers are above the law. they should not use excessive or unneeded force. From this video it is hard to say who is in the wrong as it only shows one side (i wonder why the police do not release their video as they had people taping it).

ChristianTheAtheist said:
dammit, they're so freakin' uncivilized, that's what you'll become if you play too much CoD haha just kid din'. By the way, anyone knows what was the protest about?

https://occupywallst.org/

I believe that is their homepage or atleast it has info about them.

thranx said:
for any interested on reading up on this, here is a second video of another pepper spray by the same officer. now he is under investigation, and looks like he had previous problems in a 2004 protest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/28/anthony-bologna-using-pep_n_985432.html

And here is a lawyer who talks about if there is a need for a permit for the protestors.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/221613/20110928/occupy-wall-street-pepper-spray.htm

While i do agree protestors should follow the instructions of peace officers, i do not agree that peace officers are above the law. they should not use excessive or unneeded force. From this video it is hard to say who is in the wrong as it only shows one side (i wonder why the police do not release their video as they had people taping it).

Thanks you've been helpful.

thranx said:
ChristianTheAtheist said:

https://occupywallst.org/

I believe that is their homepage or atleast it has info about them.

Cool, thanks. Good to know they're getting support from influential people like Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky.

blkfish92 said:
Hephaestos said:

Freedom of speech man, you can say what ever you want to a cop in USA, and I mean anything. The cops created the unrest as they started getting overly aggressive.The cops formed in the roads and aggressed everyone on to the sidewalk, so the cops created the civeil unrest.

Go up to a Cop and start yelling Racist terms at him/her and see how long your "Freedom of Speech" lasts. 

There are rules to protesting and those rules were broken by these people.  They deserved what happened to them.  Nothing that I have seen looks excessive to me, nor did anything in that video jump out as Police Aggression or Brutality. 

Police have one shitty ass job.  Do to much and you are "To Aggressive or Brutal" and dont do enough and you are "Ineffective and Useless"  Its a very fine line and I, for one, would not want to live in a world without the Police.