By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
StokedUp said:
Wagram said:
Just defeated the boss that drops the depths key. Not bad once you eliminate those initial nuisances >.>

yeah the funny thing is about the Capra Demon, i actually found him the hardest boss out of all the ones i fought so far, while on the other hand i found Queelag one of the easiest yet alot of people found her quite challenging.

but the easiest boss award so far as got to go to PINWHEEL, first try and literally 20-30 seconds into the fight it was dead :)

Lol pinwheel was REALLY easy!

Pinwheel went down in two hits. First was a strong Two-Handed attack that took 700 damage and then a normal Two-Handed that dealt 500 XD. Easiest fight ever.

@Crystalchild

- Trident doesn't work on non-magic enhanceable weapons. Black Knight's Axe/Halberd/Sword, etc can't be charged up with Resins as well. 

- Gwyn's soul can be used to create his greatsword and to learn a new miracle once you levelled up Warriors of Sunlight covenant to +1.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60624480 - Here's the event line for Siegmeyer and Siegmende's quests

Ha two hand all day on loser face pinwheel!

I believe the gwyns souls you get sunlight spear from sunlight covenant unless you choose to get his sword which is upgrade a +10 great sword with his soul?

Gwyn's Soul gives you the Greater Sunlight Spear. The normal Sunlight Spear is a reward for joining the Warriors of Sunlight covenant (is the same one Solaire uses as a phantom on boss battles)

Edit - You're welcome Crystalchild

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

to that 'Smough and Orn evade each others attacks'.. well, they did it sometimes the last playthrough, but not a single time in the 6 tries (and counting) in NG+.. HOWEVER, i fought Super-Orn down to 60% without knowing the pattern, it seems like i just have to roll aside at the very fitting moment, which should be doable.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:
I need help massively, I just ventured all the way to the bottom of the tomb of giants only to be told I couldn't go through that yellow light, how the fook do I get out of there now??

You need to go back, there's nothing you can do until you find the Lordvessel on Anor Londo. That yellow barrier will go down then. It's the same in the entrance of Dukes Archives, Lost Izalith and New Londo. 

@player1x3 - I hope everyone who uses that save glitch exploit gets it's save corrupted. Them and every other damn hacker in the game. 

@blkfish92 - I'm at 70 hours and SL 100. I spent a lot of time farming very rare drops on the previous playthrough and finished NG at SL 85.

how are they hackers? They didn't hack anything. They are just using a smart exploit to their advantage

Hackers, glitchers, soul dupers and exploiters all fall in the same bag to me. Every game can be broken if you try hard enough, it doesn't make it any less unfair to the rest of people.

I've seen plenty of ping exploits who are using extremely high pings and latency to screw everyone on PVP. It really is nice when you're trying to fight some invader and you see him zooming around in front of you and after a few frames you're getting backstabbed. And I have a very high speed connection with very low latency and ping.

If you can't be bothered to play the game correctly, why play it at all? Sure you can be at SL 300 even on the first playthrough using exploits, but if you do then do everyone else a favor and stay the fuck away from the online component and don't ruin it for everyone else.

How can you all put them in the same bag when they are not doing the same thing? It seems illogical to me. The things you described there are different as they effect other players in player vs. player fight. This glitch however doesnt effect anyone in bad way whatsoever so I fail to see whats wrong with it. I cant even begin to describe how many times  From Software tricked me into death in this game, now its some payback time !!!

I put them in the same bag because it pisses me off. There are people trying to achieve something that's called a challenge (getting the platinum) and then some people come along and just use every kind of exploit to bypass that challenge and then consider themselves to be actually good players. 

Why does it piss you off? It doesnt effect you in any way. Its just an ''easy way out'' for people who dont have as much patientce, nerves or time as you to replay everything over and over again. Your free to do the glitch and get the trophies easier way if you want as well !

It's annoying, it's frustrating and it's downright deplorable. If you don't have the skills to beat the game properly then stay away from it. No one forced you to buy the game, no one promised you the game was easy, everyone knew what they were in for. From Software never tricked you into anything, you knew the challenge and the consequences for failure before you got the game. If you can justify glitching your way through the game to beat it, then congrats for you, you just took all the fun from it. 

But WHY DO YOU CARE HOW OTHER PEOPLE GO AROUND THE GAME?? You are also free to do the glitch if you want, and yo are also free to do it the harder way, but you shouldnt be so botherd what other people do if it doesnt effect you? Its their game, let them play how they want it.

And yes, this glitch will be used online to give people advantage over the rest. If you never risk losing your souls nor humanity because you don't have the courage to start again from the nearest checkpoint, then you're just creating an artificial Easy mode where you'll level up much faster than the rest of the pack. Also, PVP will be annuled, since you can basically switch off the game during the death animation, preventing the other player from beating you officialy (gaining your souls and some of your humanity).

No, you DO LOSE your souls, the trick is, your spawned right in front of your bloodstain with no enemies respwaned. The vicotrious player will gain souls and the defeated one will lose, but he will be near his bloodstain, so again, it doesnt effect anything.

lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
Also, I just found out that this glitch can be used to FARM BOSSES !!!! This is gonna be soo epic :DDDD

Congrats, you just gained the douche status.

Edit - I really hope From Software releases a patch soon correcting all these glitches. I'd love to see you and every other damn glitcher complaining and crying foul afterwards

Ha, you can call me douche but I just gained 60k souls by farming Grey Wolf demon !!!! The glitch works :D  Just hope I dont get corrupted

EDIT: Glitch didnt work with the grey wolf after all :(

Around the Network

ORNSTEIN !! D:

that DAMN lightning spiking he does, followed by a lightning shot oneshots me EVERY time.. >.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

the Stone sheild is amazing! you feel so safe having that held up infront of you, hardly nothing gets through it and if it does it only inflicts a small amount of damage! its like having a bodyguard haha

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Okay People, before i go insane with tears of joy in my eyes:
When Ornstein is about to start his lightning strike, ROLL between his damn legs!.. seriously, i laughed so hard, i didnt believe the solution could be so easy. i waited short before his death, for like, 10 Strikes of him, and just repeated to roll into his balls. it FU' KING (chinese) WORKS!.. xDD

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that with just 2 Estus' used! FUKC YEAH!

.. *Takes a deep breath*..

the first time i feel this sense of accomplishment in Dark Souls, since my first try (with super Smough) Was coop.. but dad' sheeeat right now was for realz. x3

Blighttown is harder than I expected. Just saying.

luvtospooge said:
Blighttown is harder than I expected. Just saying.

seriously dude, i hated that region, HATED hated! i loved how it looked (like most environments in this game) but man i think i entered that region far to early, i struggled and very slowly and painfully edged through it, i also lost so many souls aswell. but when i finally got to the boss i found it suprisingly easy. But now when i go there i laugh at those foes :)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website