By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
With my 42 dex and the Life Hunter scythe makes me feel good =D

Meh, my Channeler's Trident + BK Halberd at 50 Str also makes me feel super good...especially when I get 900 Att XD.

Jesus 900!? What the hell?? It gets that crazy with str?

Nah, the scalability is only D for Str and E for Dex. Channeler's Trident is another matter though, it's special Two-Handed R2 attack is an Aura that boosts attack to x1.85 for 3 minutes for the user and every phantom that the user has summoned.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I.FUCKING.HATE.CURSES

luvtospooge said:
I.FUCKING.HATE.CURSES

The Basilisks on The Depths right?  

They jumped at me the first time I was there, 4 on 1. Managed to get away without being cursed, but it was one of the biggest holy shit moments I had on Dark Souls xD.

Purging Stones or high Curse Resistant gear are your friends.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
luvtospooge said:
I.FUCKING.HATE.CURSES

The Basilisks on The Depths right?  

They jumped at me the first time I was there, 4 on 1. Managed to get away without being cursed, but it was one of the biggest holy shit moments I had on Dark Souls xD.

Purging Stones or high Curse Resistant gear are your friends.

The way i got cursed was kinda stupid though :p I mean countless times i swung my sword but i just couldn't seem to hit him, and then another popped out of nowhere and i was submerged in the gas. Being in a narrow corridor didn't help at all :p

I found out about the purging stones, but i also found out they were being sold for 6k of souls! That's a lot right now for me :'(

Im wondering how long this game is... Im at the gaping dragon right now, am I halfway done?

Around the Network
luvtospooge said:
Im wondering how long this game is... Im at the gaping dragon right now, am I halfway done?

Halfway point is Sen's Fortress...Gaping Dragon is about 1/4th.

That Undead Merchant Lady is just ripping you off. Oswald of Carim (the guy on the tower where you fought the Gargoyles) sells them for 3K a piece.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
luvtospooge said:

Halfway point is Sen's Fortress...Gaping Dragon is about 1/4th.

That Undead Merchant Lady is just ripping you off. Oswald of Carim (the guy on the tower where you fought the Gargoyles) sells them for 3K a piece.

Really? That bitch, I knew something was fishy with her. But I needed it because I didn't want to go all the way back and risk losing my souls. Oh well, at least I beat the gaping dragon( which wasn't as hard as I thought it would be). I'll resume blighttown tomorrow. I heard that place is hardcore.

This game is a tad harder than Demon's Souls, I have to admit.

hey can you guys tell where all the blacksmiths are? I found the ones in the catacombs/undead parish/londo ruins)

also is their anyway to further upgrade my laito(stuck at +5) divine longsword(also stuck a +5) black bow of pharis(at +10) or are these weapons at their max(don't really want to change their type)

and dammit!! why do all the good weapons/armor require twinkling titanite!!
and since I'm ta;king about armor...what's the best armor for the knight? right now I'm rockin the elite knight armor:breastplate/gauntlets/leggings(all are +9) and the boars helm.

I've decided I'm not going to go back to anor londo I'm going to head to the catacombs and try find the grave lord covenant, I want that sword you get!

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

arcane_chaos said:
hey can you guys tell where all the blacksmiths are? I found the ones in the catacombs/undead parish/londo ruins)

also is their anyway to further upgrade my laito(stuck at +5) divine longsword(also stuck a +5) black bow of pharis(at +10) or are these weapons at their max(don't really want to change their type)

and dammit!! why do all the good weapons/armor require twinkling titanite!!
and since I'm ta;king about armor...what's the best armor for the knight? right now I'm rockin the elite knight armor:breastplate/gauntlets/leggings(all are +9) and the boars helm.

theres only one left, in Anor Londo. (well, at least the wiki says there are 4 in total) .. if you are in front of Londo's Main Building (that castle there), theres a door to your left, through there and then to your right, and you face the last blacksmith there is. (Of cozurse, the door is locked at first and you need to get there through the castle. ^^)

edit: The trident has a buff? Oo .. 1,85?? Holy cow, i need to try that. ^_^ 527 ATP unbuffed.. would mean 975 or something like that.. + Inner Strength (Pyro).. Whoot. O_o

edit 2: New Game Plus is pretty challenging, not the bosses, but beein surrounded by 5 rats, that is. Nice! (Blighttown here i come!)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!