By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

lestatdark said:

Finally did it. No wonder I was always missing, it only counts if you cut it on the very, milimeter thick, tip of the tail >_>. Two hits and it was gone. As if that was not enough, the loot only counts if you kill him, otherwise you have to start the whole process again since the loot doesn't come out till he's dead. The Moonlight Greatsword is an epic weapon for magic-users, sadly i'm not one of them >_<.

As for damage not counting, you could only trully damage it once you broke the crystal on the other side of the arena. Took me a while to figure that out as well >_>. 

lol, I shoulda known I was messing something up.  I must've gotten lucky when I killed him then because I never made that connection.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
lestatdark said:

Finally did it. No wonder I was always missing, it only counts if you cut it on the very, milimeter thick, tip of the tail >_>. Two hits and it was gone. As if that was not enough, the loot only counts if you kill him, otherwise you have to start the whole process again since the loot doesn't come out till he's dead. The Moonlight Greatsword is an epic weapon for magic-users, sadly i'm not one of them >_<.

As for damage not counting, you could only trully damage it once you broke the crystal on the other side of the arena. Took me a while to figure that out as well >_>. 

lol, I shoulda known I was messing something up.  I must've gotten lucky when I killed him then because I never made that connection.

His AOE and crystal breath attacks can also break that crystal if you bring him close to it. That's how I found out about it

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Lost Izalith is an asshole. xD .. made it through those big things at the beginning, but in a poison swamp, surrounded by holes in the floor and dudes that just break my weapon, i met the reaper. =/

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
Lost Izalith is an asshole. xD .. made it through those big things at the beginning, but in a poison swamp, surrounded by holes in the floor and dudes that just break my weapon, i met the reaper. =/

That part took me by surprise as well (especially since there's no worthwhile loot there). Getting to Lost Izalith through the normal route is a pain, through the shortcut is a lot, lot easier (but you need to be Chaos Servant +2). Plus, there's a respawnable Titanite Demon on the shortcut. Lost Izalith itself, while a big area, has nothing special (except, of course, the Bed of Chaos boss).

@Else - I'm on New Londo after draining the water. Last soul of lords here I come xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Man 5 hours in and Im so lost. I don't even know what I am supposed to be doing lol. Im just randomly going around killing guys i can kill and then get killed by other enemies. Im still lvl 15.

Around the Network

So, uh, where the hell is the 2nd pyromancer trainer? I read that she's in blight town by one of the pillars in the poison swamp but I can't seem to find her. I saw a youtube video on it too and she's not there, anyone know what I have to do to make her appear?

Apparently, there are a lot of tails to cut, I have missed two so far (Taurus Demon. and Gaping dragons) -_-, that's what you get for playing without being informed in this game. Also, I just knew that you get Demon's Great Hammer for defeating the Asylum Demon the very first time you meet ( killing him with the stick you had back then <_< )

I'll try to do every covenant related thing in this playthrough , I might not be able to do every thing if I leveled up too high cause they include invading and helping people.

BTW, I just discovered a cheap way to kill all the crystal lizards in the great hollow or everywhere else , all you have to do is to stand near the location where the lizard was, Press Start, quit the game then reload, you'll be standing just a few steps away from it, if the lizard wasn't there just try again .

EncodedNybble said:
So, uh, where the hell is the 2nd pyromancer trainer? I read that she's in blight town by one of the pillars in the poison swamp but I can't seem to find her. I saw a youtube video on it too and she's not there, anyone know what I have to do to make her appear?

Quelana of Izalith

Notes/Observations by chronoterra: She's another pyromancy trainer other than Laurentius (free him and he sits in firelink) and Eingyi (Egg-burdened npc in Chaos Covenant). She's capable of upgrading your pyromancer's flame and 'ascend' it after it reaches +15.
Finding her:

Some people say you require at least +10 on your flame to see her. I managed to see her with +7. I started as pyro, but my firelink and egg pyro trainers were dead, hollowed and got in my way respectively. I was also in the Chaos Covenant. There's a chance she spawns even if you don't have +10 flame, as I am proof of that. It seemed others had her appear even though they weren't involved in pyromancy themselves. She's wearing gold-hemmed robes (They're black). You can kind of see her standing from Queelag's Domain island. Anyhoo, here's a crudely drawn map of where she is in the swamp. Drawing

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Quelana+of+Izalith

-----

Couldn't find her myself .

Does any one know how I can get past the NPC at the bottom of the 2nd belltower? I selected "no" to his question and he won't let me by now! it's where u hit the wall to reveal the secret path.

Also I'm SL 40 just beat queelag and ceaseless demons, there's noway I can make it through the demon ruins I tried once and got destroyed where's the best place to head to now? What's up past the water wheel in the swamps?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

luvtospooge said:

Man 5 hours in and Im so lost. I don't even know what I am supposed to be doing lol. Im just randomly going around killing guys i can kill and then get killed by other enemies. Im still lvl 15.

Have you done the Taurus demon? Or rang any bells at all yet? ( to gain a rough estimation where you are in the game atm).

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.