By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:

I found out how you make Anastacia appear again in the Firelink Shrine. When you defeated Lautrec, you gained a Fire Keeper Soul right? With the Soul, you must return to the Firelink Shrine and examine the cage where Anastacia was. The soul will react with the cage and Anastacia will appear again.

nope, i got no soul from him. =/ i was at her place already, but yeah, something went wrong when i killed  lautrec..  and the item which is to invade his world isnt in my inventory anymore either. *Sigh* Well, next Playthrough then. (Even if i think i kill that bastard as soon as he gets out of the cell for ruining mah firelink lol.^^)

Now that's very, very odd. Those are some weird glitches you're having, I haven't had none so far (crosses fingers to avoid them further on). Btw, you're going for the good ending too right?

eh, to be brutally honest, i didnt know there are different ones. do you have a link, or could you post the info about that?

@else: lol@the boss at Crystal Caves. he doesnt seem to be hard, but he curse's (died of it), so i guess i'll farm some humanity now. =)

Well, these are massive spoilers (i.e - the trophy list), so look at your own risk: http://darksouls.wikidot.com/achievements. It states that there are two different endings.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Since no one gave me the source of all that info you got I have some questions :p

- After killing the moon light butterfly I got some rare upgrading stone ( don't remember the name ) when I went back to the blacksmith he asked for it and I gave it to him , but he gave me nothing in return even after a while

- Where can I use the bosses souls to make special weapons ?

- Is there a list of all the special weapons and the way to get them ?

Thanks in advance.

VXIII said:

Since no one gave me the source of all that info you got I have some questions :p

- After killing the moon light butterfly I got some rare upgrading stone ( don't remember the name ) when I went back to the blacksmith he asked for it and I gave it to him , but he gave me nothing in return even after a while

Thanks in advance.

That ember is used for Modify weapon. The Divine Ember allows you to create Divine weapons, magic infused weapons dependant on the scalability of the Faith stat. There are more embers like that and the various blacksmiths accept different embers (Andre only accepts Divine and Black Embers).

The bosses souls are given to the Blacksmith in Anor Londo (the giant blacksmith), which is located on the right side of the top floor of the area before the boss battle with Smough and Ornstein.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades Here's a list for the bosses souls related weapons. As for the rest, is still work in progress.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

By the way, if any of you fight a member of the Forest Covenant called TikTak, please do me the favour of fucking him up as bad as you can. Probably the biggest PVP wuss I've ever encountered both in Demon's Souls and in Dark Souls. Made me chase him all over the forest and used all the invisible forest hunters and even two more PVP Forest Covenant members to save his ass.

In the end I destroyed them all, but I wasted some good 20 minutes trying to catch TikTak, who appears to have a massive stamina bar (even by Cloranthy Ring terms) >_>.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
VXIII said:

Thanks in advance.

That ember is used for Modify weapon. The Divine Ember allows you to create Divine weapons, magic infused weapons dependant on the scalability of the Faith stat. There are more embers like that and the various blacksmiths accept different embers (Andre only accepts Divine and Black Embers).

The bosses souls are given to the Blacksmith in Anor Londo (the giant blacksmith), which is located on the right side of the top floor of the area before the boss battle with Smough and Ornstein.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades Here's a list for the bosses souls related weapons. As for the rest, is still work in progress.

Ok, but I still can't Modify weapons for some reason, it says something like "no weapon to modify" , any idea why ?

Around the Network
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:

Thanks in advance.

Ok, but I still can't Modify weapons for some reason, it says something like "no weapon to modify" , any idea why ?

Did you look at the upgrade map in the link I provided you? Some weapons need to be +5 (like Longsword +5) if you want to make a Divine weapon, or Divine +5 if you want to make an Occult weapon. That map explains it quite good.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:

Thanks in advance.

Did you look at the upgrade map in the link I provided you? Some weapons need to be +5 (like Longsword +5) if you want to make a Divine weapon, or Divine +5 if you want to make an Occult weapon. That map explains it quite good.

Just saw it , very helpful, it seems that you need weapon+10 to create a special weapon out of a boss soul

lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestat thank for your post earlier about level and weapon power.

I died a few times on that black knight in Undead Burg (and there is another one on top of the spiral stairs in Parish right?). Just in vague general terms, how do I beat a black knight, by blocking or by evading? No details, I dont want too much spoilers.

Blocking is by far more effective, especially if you have a good physical reduction shield (the closer to 100% the better). Evading is too timing-restricted with the BK's, since their attacks go pretty fast. My personal strategy? Backstabs.

Well shields with 100% physical reduction drop early I think. I know that shields with good defense against magic usually have less than 100% physical redutiocn but what's the motivation to use a wooden shield?  They're just in the game for fun, right?

So what's your stratey for backstabbing a dark knight? Do you strafe to get on his back or do you evade jump behind him?

Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestat thank for your post earlier about level and weapon power.

I died a few times on that black knight in Undead Burg (and there is another one on top of the spiral stairs in Parish right?). Just in vague general terms, how do I beat a black knight, by blocking or by evading? No details, I dont want too much spoilers.

Blocking is by far more effective, especially if you have a good physical reduction shield (the closer to 100% the better). Evading is too timing-restricted with the BK's, since their attacks go pretty fast. My personal strategy? Backstabs.

Well shields with 100% physical reduction drop early I think. I know that shields with good defense against magic usually have less than 100% physical redutiocn but what's the motivation to use a wooden shield?  They're just in the game for fun, right?

So what's your stratey for backstabbing a dark knight? Do you strafe to get on his back or do you evade jump behind him?

It's more of a novelty thing, early game only. Still, if you don't want to waste good shields for forging with bosses souls, then the wooden shields are excellent choices. 

My strategy is the good, old circlestrafing  

Current PC Build

this dirty son of a beach, seriously. ;D

just lost all of my humanity, trying to cut something off of the boss, lolz! .. hurrhurr. but i like this one, i'll stay stubborn. *g*

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!