By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Mad55 said:
lestatdark said:
Crap, I can't exit the Painted World of aramis without finishing it >_>. No heads-up, no questions asked, just examined a big, scary-ass painting and puff, inside I went D:

Where is it? also has anyone had thier orb light up s0o they can go get the fire keepers soul back?

From the Wiki:

"After gaining the Black Eye Orb from Anastacia's body proceed to Anor Londo. When you reach Anor Londo, make your way through the area to the Boss fight with Ornstein and Smough. In the large room just outside the room where that fight takes place, the Black Eye Orb will begin to vibrate. That is your hint on how to find Lautrec. Once you have cleared that room of the enemy so that it is safe, use the Black Eye Orb to invade Lautrec’s realm. When you do, you’ll face Lautrec and two of his comrades in a fierce battle. All you need do is defeat Lautrec himself to win, but if you kill his Sorcerer comrade there is a chance he will drop a Catalyst weapon. After you have killed Lautrec, return to Firelink Shrine and again visit Anastacia’s cave to return her soul which will bring her back to life and re-enable the Bonfire of Firelink Shrine."

Around the Network

Doesn't the game get very easy if you are soul level 52 and have weapons with +400 attack power (like lestatdark)compared to say level 30 and a +200 weapon? Monsters don't level at all with the character right?

lestatdark said:

Here's a video of how my character was when I reached Anor Londo for the first time. Notice that the Stamina bar is bigger than the Health bar (and for good reason ).

Edit - nvm. Sorry for the quality, it was filmed with my laptop's camera. Best seen on 720p

Edit 2 - Add another Black Phantom NPC invader, King Jeremiah on Painted World of Aramis. He's a magic caster, uses Chaos Firestor, Chaos Fire Bolt and Chaos Combustion and drops Notched Whip and 30K souls.

That stamina bar :o

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Slimebeast said:
Doesn't the game get very easy if you are soul level 52 and have weapons with +400 attack power (like lestatdark)compared to say level 30 and a +200 weapon? Monsters don't level at all with the character right?

I don't know, I was level 3 when I killed those skeletons near the start, I am now 25, unless I manage to dodge/block/parry their hits, they still do substantial damage, my char's stats are all over the place though >_>

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

routsounmanman said:
Mad55 said:
lestatdark said:
Crap, I can't exit the Painted World of aramis without finishing it >_>. No heads-up, no questions asked, just examined a big, scary-ass painting and puff, inside I went D:

Where is it? also has anyone had thier orb light up s0o they can go get the fire keepers soul back?

From the Wiki:

"After gaining the Black Eye Orb from Anastacia's body proceed to Anor Londo. When you reach Anor Londo, make your way through the area to the Boss fight with Ornstein and Smough. In the large room just outside the room where that fight takes place, the Black Eye Orb will begin to vibrate. That is your hint on how to find Lautrec. Once you have cleared that room of the enemy so that it is safe, use the Black Eye Orb to invade Lautrec’s realm. When you do, you’ll face Lautrec and two of his comrades in a fierce battle. All you need do is defeat Lautrec himself to win, but if you kill his Sorcerer comrade there is a chance he will drop a Catalyst weapon. After you have killed Lautrec, return to Firelink Shrine and again visit Anastacia’s cave to return her soul which will bring her back to life and re-enable the Bonfire of Firelink Shrine."

Doesnt work, tried it 2 days ago. killed Lautrec, and the Place at Firelink shrine, where she was, still just says 'Dead'.

another wrong Information is the part with getting a Stone that lets you send 3 Phantoms into other players world, when joining the gravelord covenant.

@Slimebeast:

Of course it'd get easier if you have a powerful weapon before the game wants you to have it, but a fatal mistake will still kill you. so if you were raped in Anor Londo with a weak weapon, a stronger one wouldnt really change it. you could say its saving some flasks if you need 3 instead of 5 hits, since the ammount of mistakes made will go down, as shorter as the battles become, but if it comes to bosses, if you make a mistake, youre dead. either way. =)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

It does makes enemies go down faster, but remember that I'm sacrificing Health for Offensive ability (Strength and Endurance). Pretty much every enemy on Anor Londo and Painted World of Aramis could OHKO or close to it, as I'm carrying very light armour. A single mistake in blocking, dodging or parrying means the death of my character, even by weak enemies such as the dredglings.

In theory you could be as low as level 22 and have a +400 attack power weapon as well, since you could have had a Black Knight Sword drop right from the start of the game (from the Black Knight in the Undead Burg). and do a farming suicide runs for the Crystal Lizards for Twinkling Titanites, forging the BK Sword to +5. I've got several +400 weapons and a 560 attack power one (the Dragon Greatsword +5) which I cannot use because it requires 50 Strength and weighs 24.0. That's why I'm still making my character stronger in the offensive department instead of putting points in health.

Plus, the weapons that I have now are more of a means for preparing for the NG+ playthrough. From my experience with Demon's Souls, enemies will gain a lot of HP, much more defenses and much more attack, so even if I have a +400 weapon, it will be like having a +200 one on NG+. The Northern Regalia on Demon's Souls (which had an attack rating of 540 if your character tendency was either pure black or pure white) barely scratched enemies like False King Allant, Old King Doran, the Skeletons on 4-2, the Penetrator and even NPC's such as Garl Vinland (he had a massive health bar and defenses on NG++ and I was only taking 50 out of him with that weapon). 

@Crystalchild - That's very odd, because that's what the mini-guide also says, regarding to how ressurect Anastacia.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I hate working 10 hour days I'm not getting enough time on this game when in the week, I was on it for 2 hours last night, beat the gaping dragon which was possibly the easiest boss fight in a while, and then I went to fight the Hydra in DARKROOT BASIN but I kept dying as I was getting to close and falling into the deep waters for a instant death! Also I was struggling when I got it down to 2 heads because I couldn't reach them in time to hit it before it brought them back up again.

Only managed to go up 4 soul levels aswell because of lack of time!!

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
I hate working 10 hour days I'm not getting enough time on this game when in the week, I was on it for 2 hours last night, beat the gaping dragon which was possibly the easiest boss fight in a while, and then I went to fight the Hydra in DARKROOT BASIN but I kept dying as I was getting to close and falling into the deep waters for a instant death! Also I was struggling when I got it down to 2 heads because I couldn't reach them in time to hit it before it brought them back up again.

For the remaining Hydra heads, which are always hard to reach, you must move before the Hydra stomps his heads. Look for the visual cue of the Hydra pulling back the heads in anticipation of the attack (it also has a different sound cue than when he's preparing to launch the water spouts) and then move to the last point where the heads fell, since as long as you didn't move before he made the cues for the attack, the heads will fall always on the same spots.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

For the remaining Hydra heads, which are always hard to reach, you must move before the Hydra stomps his heads. Look for the visual cue of the Hydra pulling back the heads in anticipation of the attack (it also has a different sound cue than when he's preparing to launch the water spouts) and then move to the last point where the heads fell, since as long as you didn't move before he made the cues for the attack, the heads will fall always on the same spots.

Thanks for the info mate, you truly are the master of the dark souls :) we don't need the wiki when we've got lestatdark around!!

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

Thanks for the info mate, you truly are the master of the dark souls :) we don't need the wiki when we've got lestatdark around!!

I just hope it's helpful for you when you try defeating it again That was, literally, the only way I could defeat the Ash Lake Hydra, because if I stayed in one spot when the Hydra had all of his heads, no matter what shield I had, it would kill me as it's much stronger than the Darkroot Basin one. That's when I started paying attention to the cues.

Current PC Build