By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Trying to cut off the dragon's tail with only a crossbow is a very, very, very morose process >_>. The lack of ability to aim in first person really means that there's no margin of error in where you aim.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Trying to cut off the dragon's tail with only a crossbow is a very, very, very morose process >_>. The lack of ability to aim in first person really means that there's no margin of error in where you aim.

It seems like it would be but it only took me to line my aim up 3 times and then all you do is stand there and just press R1 when the dragon lands again because it lands in the exact same position everytime so you dont have to keep lining up your shot, aslong as you dont move your character.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

just got back from revisiting the asylum, beat the optional boss(get 20,000 souls and a tantanite slab) there's also two black knights(one dropped a "black knight sword" which is stronger than the dragon sword...but requires a higher strength) and a human knight(got a crescent shield..80% reduction of magic damage)

bought the"crest" from the blacksmith...the enemies are pretty tough but give you a great amount of souls(some enemies you can't lock onto)

btw: anyone know where to get twinkling tantanite and large tantanite?

So.... I just caved in! Nightwish24 is my XBL name if anyone wants to add me :)

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

arcane_chaos said:
just got back from revisiting the asylum, beat the optional boss(get 20,000 souls and a tantanite slab) there's also two black knights(one dropped a "black knight sword" which is stronger than the dragon sword...but requires a higher strength) and a human knight(got a crescent shield..80% reduction of magic damage)

bought the"crest" from the blacksmith...the enemies are pretty tough but give you a great amount of souls(some enemies you can't lock onto)

I got a twinkling titanite (I use you mean titanite), from a crystal lizard (like the ones in Demon's Souls) in some barrels right before you go to the platform with the Taurus Demon. It's hidden beneath one of the barrels and it drops a Twinkling Titanite and a Titanite Chunk. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
lestatdark said:

It seems like it would be but it only took me to line my aim up 3 times and then all you do is stand there and just press R1 when the dragon lands again because it lands in the exact same position everytime so you dont have to keep lining up your shot, aslong as you dont move your character.

Yeah, it took me about 4-5 shots to get my aim straight, but it's still a morose process since it takes quite a lot of bolts to cut it off. Funny thing though, I cut off the tail (I'm using the Drake Sword now) and after I died via the Black Knight at the top of the first tower in the undead parish, the dragon suddendly had it's tail back again xD.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:

I got a twinkling titanite (I use you mean titanite), from a crystal lizard (like the ones in Demon's Souls) in some barrels right before you go to the platform with the Taurus Demon. It's hidden beneath one of the barrels and it drops a Twinkling Titanite and a Titanite Chunk. 

thanks!!! now do they respwan when you reach a bonfire?

arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:

thanks!!! now do they respwan when you reach a bonfire?

The one that I found didn't respawn for me. Probably they're unique monsters, like the Black Knights or the Metal Boar, but there must be more in various areas of the game.

Current PC Build

Defeated the Gargoyles quite easily. Only died once, because they pincer attacked me with double flame-breath attacks, but the second time I took care of the first Gargoyle before the next could come close.

The Gargoyle's Tail Axe looks amazing, I just need a few points in Dex to use it.

Current PC Build

StokedUp said:
NotStan said:
Taurus killed me 3 times already, thanks bro.

you can actually kill that demon in 3 hits dude! Just head up the ladder thats to right as soon as you enter the area where the 2 archers were. and the demon will stand at the bottom looking up for a few seconds, if you run of the ledge where hes standing and press attack you'll do a stab into his head and it takes about a 3rd of his life, Then dodge his attack and repeat 2 more times.

Didn't work. I wasn't aware the ladder was there the first few times I died, but now that I found it just before you mentioned it - however, as soon as I climbed it, the demon has jumped up there with me.. Not sure if that's the new patch or I was being too slow somehow?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.