By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Anybody know some good wanderer gear? need something light weight but more defensive than the starting gear for the wanderor. also someone invaded me while I was fighting like 3 big rats I managed to kill him with fireball!!!! and I won 5,000 souls off him lol.

Around the Network

How do you get past the red Dragon in Undead Burg? :/

sabby_e17 said:

You don't lol, there's another route.

sabby_e17 said:

Either you have a bow and about 400 arrows, you can't. 

You need to reach the middle of the bridge, there's a ladder that will lead you to a passage below the bridge into a sewer which links to the undead parish.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I want this game :( I'm so tempted to pick it up today, yet I'm all about price drops. I feel this game is most likely worth the full asking price.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
im a bit lost at the mo.
Ive gone through UNDEAD BURG and defeated the taurus demon and also gone through UNDEAD PARISH and took the dragons tail to get the Drake Sword (which is awesome), i defeated the metal tusk beast there and took the "mysterious key", i then sort of hit a dead end so headed back to UNDEAD BURG and went down the spiral staircase in which i came face to face with a big guard at the bottom so i deafeated him and went through the door and came out into DARKROOT BASIN. ive defeated a dark knight in this region and also found some leather armour. but im getting the impression i might be heading the wrong way or missing something.

That is the wrong way indeed. you have to go back to where you killed that metal tusk beast before the closed gate, there's a ladder at the right side, under the bridge with the archers, that's the path you should take.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

sabby_e17 said:

Just Run to the centre of the bridge past the archers but keep to the right up against the wall and then you'll see some stairs heading down, just get down there and you can also kick down some ladders which'll take you directly to the last Bonfire for a shortcut.

TIP  get a crossbow or normal bow (with a normal bow you'll be able to aim in firstperson so its easier) and take around 50-60 arrows/bolts with you , because once your down the stairs you'll notice on the right side of the bridge facing the dragon you can see its tail hanging down. Keep shooting that and you'll recieve a mega sword called the DRAKE SWORD ( i actually took 60 bolts for the crossbow but it only took around 20 shots). you'll need 16 Strentgh to hold it. Remeber arrows:bow, bolts:crossbow

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Taurus killed me 3 times already, thanks bro.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Taurus killed me 3 times already, thanks bro.

you can actually kill that demon in 3 hits dude! Just head up the ladder thats to right as soon as you enter the area where the 2 archers were. and the demon will stand at the bottom looking up for a few seconds, if you run of the ledge where hes standing and press attack you'll do a stab into his head and it takes about a 3rd of his life, Then dodge his attack and repeat 2 more times.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Yesterday I watched a friend of mine playing the game, he was fighting a boss called Capras Demon or something..madness!!...After 4 tries he finally defeated the demon, using the stairs as strategy.