By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Aldro said:
Should I buy this or Skyrim? I can only get one and I am not into RPG's in general but I figured ill give it a go...

Im afraid of getting stuck and not getting my money worth though...

Well this game is a little less RPG than Skyrim.

And if you're to get stuck, it'll be because of the difficulty against enemies/bosses as opposed to getting stuck in Skyrim, which would probably be more like getting lost or something.

Around the Network
blunty51 said:
Aldro said:
Should I buy this or Skyrim? I can only get one and I am not into RPG's in general but I figured ill give it a go...

And if you're to get stuck, it'll be because of the difficulty against enemies/bosses as opposed to getting stuck in Skyrim, which would probably be more like getting lost or something.

:_: I DONT KNOW WHAT I WANT xD

Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9NTHDFmjkk

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Got the platinum last night :)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Parasitic said:

oooh that looks nice!

Around the Network
Ail said:
Got the platinum last night :)

Hooray!!!!

Parasitic said:

This gets me excited lol! When do us non japanese get it!? Why wont they tell us!!??

So I talked to the White cat and joined the covenant, got her ring and put it on, waiting.
On the first summon, another summon backstabbed the guy. I got a blue titanite stone or something.
On the second summon, the guy had help, not that I think I could have handled him.
On the third summon, I arrived late to the fight, having wandered off, and the guy dual hand wielding some sword that had fire (added to it?), killed the other summoned guy then I arrived and killed me with a backstab that was not from the back (I still maintain).
On the fourth summon, the same guy from the third one. I did not attack much, he did not attack decisively, then another guy gets summoned, finally gets to the fight and kills this guy with two smoke ring like magic attacks of huge damage. I get 350k-ish souls. Is that normal?

ithis said:
So I talked to the White cat and joined the covenant, got her ring and put it on, waiting.
On the first summon, another summon backstabbed the guy. I got a blue titanite stone or something.
On the second summon, the guy had help, not that I think I could have handled him.
On the third summon, I arrived late to the fight, having wandered off, and the guy dual hand wielding some sword that had fire (added to it?), killed the other summoned guy then I arrived and killed me with a backstab that was not from the back (I still maintain).
On the fourth summon, the same guy from the third one. I did not attack much, he did not attack decisively, then another guy gets summoned, finally gets to the fight and kills this guy with two smoke ring like magic attacks of huge damage. I get 350k-ish souls. Is that normal?

You probably fought against a Soul Duper or someone who was at a much higher level than you. I fought a SL 110 that dropped 150K souls and my SL 198 character dropped 250K for a forest hunter invader that managed to kill me, even though I only had 30K or so souls with me.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Aldro said:
blunty51 said:
Aldro said:

:_: I DONT KNOW WHAT I WANT xD

Lol.

You know what you want...you want TOO MUCH >_<

But I think the safer bet would be Skyrim, Dark souls is a little more on the niche side