By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

luvtospooge said:
Ummm im growing tired of Black Knight Sword +5...its good and all but i want a good sword with good elemental damage...talking about elemental damage, does it stack on physical damage? So like 100 physical dmg + 100 fire dmg = 200 total dmg?

You can mod every non-unique sword with fire/lightning. it all depends on what kind of sword you prefer : p

And if something is modded to be fire/lightning, the damage is split between physical + the other damage type. That also means it gets resisted twice since defense seems to be based on numbers rather than percentages like most games.

770 dmg +5 lightning greataxe vs. +5 black knight greataxe.......against those floaty dragon statues in Lost Izalith, the black knight axe does almost 200 more damage. Against squishy targets though, lightning always wins with fire coming in really close. +10 fire weapons always do about 20 more damage than +5 lightning ones but fire is much easier to defend against.

Recently, I've almost been having 2nd thoughts about whether lightning damage is too strong or not. Honestly now though, I'd rather From do something like increase the requirement for whatever weapon you mod to be much higher on it's main stat. IE:  zweihander has a 24 str req - adding a lightning mod should increase the strength requirement for each level you upgrade it. By doing this, you won't have strength guys being able to use lightning dex weps, mages using lightning zweihanders, etcetc!

Wagram said:
Just ran past the firelink shrine and I seen someone cheating. Play the game people it's not that hard >.>

I honestly hate finding out about easy-to-do exploits.....they're often too good for me to resist :z 

I haven't done anything too crazy like using Strong Magic Shield (glad it's being fixed!) but, Twinkling Titanite is such a pain to get considering it takes 40 to upgrade one full set of armor, so I almost have no shame in what I'm doing this moment 0:

I would've rather they increased the drop rate and have the satisfaction of getting it myself >_______>

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

....and Platinum # 31!

Wagram said:
....and Platinum # 31!

Awww yaaaa!!

Bring me a Dark Soul!!!!!!!!!!!

.....damnit wrong game!

GoTY 2011 - Dark Soul's!

Now that I think about it, I remember that I killed the egg guy in chaos covenant room...Should I farm 168k souls and request absolution? Or is it not that big of a deal?

Around the Network
Wagram said:
....and Platinum # 31!

Congrats!

luvtospooge said:
Now that I think about it, I remember that I killed the egg guy in chaos covenant room...Should I farm 168k souls and request absolution? Or is it not that big of a deal?

Pretty sure he's dead until your next playthrough. Idk if that stops you from joining though.

Wagram said:
luvtospooge said:

Pretty sure he's dead until your next playthrough. Idk if that stops you from joining though.

Meh I still joined the convenant and got it up to +2. Was just wondering what is the downside of killing an NPC(besides not being able to buy the spells) and not requesting absolution..

luvtospooge said:
Wagram said:
luvtospooge said:

Meh I still joined the convenant and got it up to +2. Was just wondering what is the downside of killing an NPC(besides not being able to buy the spells) and not requesting absolution..

If you're going for the Platinum it will not be a huge deal because you could just buy the spells on your 2nd or 3rd play through.

Congrats on the Plat Wargram

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"