By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 3 is scaring the $#!T out of me.

Doom 3 was quite nice and had "scary" elements and nice monster designs. Sadly, I don't feel scared when playing games at all. But still, nice games to play.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
bugrimmar said:

I don't know about you guys, but a dozen naked aliens and giant cockroaches running at you in a dark, infested town just takes my breath away. I can't remember the last time I was actually truly scared while playing a game (I think it was RE4). I'm already 26 years old but damn, this game is just scary as hell. I think Insomniac did a great job on the mood of the game, being mostly isolated and the old school health bar really helps matters a lot.

ARe the graphics pretty good on this game then or no? I have had a few people say they were the worst this gen? For a game to be scary though graphics do not really matter too much. STill it cannot look like the original REsident evil on the PS either anymore. I forget the last game I played that was actually scary. The last horrish game I played though was Cursed Mountain and it was not that bad. Eternal Darkness was little freaky I guess. Shadowman! There you go there were some creepy parts!

Good luck in your path to finishe the game!

the graphics are good it's cod's level of graphics but just a bit finer

R3 is a really good game, it's sad to hear people bash it for the stupid reason. Resistance has been on of my favorite series this gen. The game really gets that felling of helplessness as you try to do everything you can to save what little mankind has left. It be nice if people gave it chance, I guess if it doesn't involve a pack of steroid pumping space marines with daddy issues, it's no good. Anyway, i feel I'm nearing the end of the game now, it's been nothing short of a fun ride. The graphics aren't the nicest around but to say they are the worst this gen, is an extreme over exaggeration. It's fantastic in 3D. I've had a few times where I've jumped a little, 7.1 surround sound head phone and 3d helps with that tho. I don't think i would have if it wasn't for the total immersion my setup provided. It felt at times one was right behind me screaming in my ear and breathing down my neck. Where are you in the game now?

spurgeonryan said:
bugrimmar said:

I don't know about you guys, but a dozen naked aliens and giant cockroaches running at you in a dark, infested town just takes my breath away. I can't remember the last time I was actually truly scared while playing a game (I think it was RE4). I'm already 26 years old but damn, this game is just scary as hell. I think Insomniac did a great job on the mood of the game, being mostly isolated and the old school health bar really helps matters a lot.

ARe the graphics pretty good on this game then or no? I have had a few people say they were the worst this gen? For a game to be scary though graphics do not really matter too much. STill it cannot look like the original REsident evil on the PS either anymore. I forget the last game I played that was actually scary. The last horrish game I played though was Cursed Mountain and it was not that bad. Eternal Darkness was little freaky I guess. Shadowman! There you go there were some creepy parts!

Good luck in your path to finishe the game!

the grafix are pretty good those who say otherwise are liars

basically you can see a drop in resolution but detail and art is amazing some of the best you will see in the atmosphere dept, and it all runs superbly, the art and atmosphere created by visuals is so good that when you get to the end past snow areas and mothership you literally do feel like you have survived all types of shit to finish game and save humanity, 9/10 for visuals from me

also t note the visual effect from your guns are the best theres been

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

shit if you are scared casue of Resistance 3 i just give you give you an advice...DO NOT PLAY SILENT HILL 2...cause you would DIE...and im not joking!

Around the Network

The single player campaign is definitely the best in the series. The pre rendered cut scenes look like they come straight out of a high quality comic book. Atmosphere is great, but I guess I have played too many 'monster jump out of the closet' games for it to have any effect on me. The sound design is lovely too, our toddler didn't want to go get daddy from the game room today, too many scary noises coming from there.

Too bad they went with online pass. If they hadn't I would not have bought it used. Now I'll trade in the whole series when I'm done with the campaign. Screw online pass.

those parts were more annoying,then scary. They did something similar like that in the second game.