By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Zelda Wii be announced?

It probably should have been announced by now.

What major game conventions are coming up? 

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

Why should it have been announced by now when it's probably not coming until Fall 09?

Anyways it'll probably be revealed at E3.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Zelda games are usually announced between 2-1 years before release and it'll probably be out in about a year and three quarters :P

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I cannot wait for the next Zelda game on Wii. Then again, I haven't finished the first, I got distracted by Mass Effect, then when I got back to the Wii SMG had arrived:)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Can't wait for them to reveal the next game. Hopefully we hear something at E3.

I wouldn't expect it to be out for quite a while though, they are good at delaying Zelda games.

Around the Network

As we all know, Miyamoto said that Twilight Princess would be "the last Zelda game of its kind". The fun part is speculating what he meant by that.

Will we have a change in the timelines? Will it be futuristic? Are they going to deviate from the current formula? Are they going to change it from a 3rd person 'RPG' into another genre?

Oh the possibilities that can come from such a general phrase about such a great franchise really is exhilarating!

Let us not forget that it has been in development for one year prior to the release of TP, so that must mean something by now. Even if they were just talking about conceptual drawings at that point, decisions have probably been made and it wouldn't be doubtful if they had something to show us this year. Maybe not at E3, but sometime during the later part of the year I suspect we'll see the new Zelda.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

I expect an announcement anytime soon.. even if it was only an official confirmation and an official title that will start the hype rolling.

I'm not expecting screenshots or gameplay videos this year. I expect they will show those behind closed doors in E3, a playable version next year.

Shadow)OS said:
As we all know, Miyamoto said that Twilight Princess would be "the last Zelda game of its kind". The fun part is speculating what he meant by that.

Will we have a change in the timelines? Will it be futuristic? Are they going to deviate from the current formula? Are they going to change it from a 3rd person 'RPG' into another genre?

Oh the possibilities that can come from such a general phrase about such a great franchise really is exhilarating!

Let us not forget that it has been in development for one year prior to the release of TP, so that must mean something by now. Even if they were just talking about conceptual drawings at that point, decisions have probably been made and it wouldn't be doubtful if they had something to show us this year. Maybe not at E3, but sometime during the later part of the year I suspect we'll see the new Zelda.

Err, what? 

How could it have been? They delayed TP several times because they needed all the time they could get to finish it. They barely manged to as it is. Aonuma has said on several occasions during interviews that even though they did manage to get TP out on time for Wii's launch, he'd have liked more time, because there were so many things he would have liked to include but wasn't able to because of time constraints. 

So, eh? :p 

2008 Predictions:

Wii: 44 Million
Xbox360: 25 Million
PS3: 22 Million

DS: 90 Million
PSP: 37 Million

I think I might know what will be different about it. Think about it--what is the one thing everyone has been excited about the prospect of ever since the motion-sensitive controller was announced? What is the Zelda series seemingly handcrafted for? And what would make all the kotakus (and myself) squeal in delight while pissing their pants?

The answer? 1-to-1 swordfighting.

I strongly believe that the next Zelda will focus less on the puzzle-solving (though of course it will still feature strongly) and more on intense combat. Aonuma already said he would like to implement this if possible, and Wii hasn't really gotten this right yet. What better series to show off the best capabilities of the Wii-mote than Nintendo's own flagship swordswinging-elf franchise?

As much as I wish for a new Zelda I doubt there will be an announcement this year, maybe next year but don't bet me on this. I just doubt it, because I guess they are concentrating on new IPs/reestablishing old ones. Their Main-Franchises always take quite a lot of time to be announced unfortunately (except handheld ones). But time will tell and if there will be a sequel anytime, I hope it will be as MrPickles stated, because since I saw the first release of the wiimote (Forgot which show it was at), the first thing in my mind was: Oh my god, link 1:1 swordfight, second was: Oh my god, 1:1 lightsaber xD. But as usual, Nintendo never really rushed games out, they take a lot of time and so I guess 2009 earliest announcement and then still 1-2 years until release -.-... But I wish you guys are right :)

“And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.” -Terry Pratchett

www.lost-acres.de