By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears 3 first week sales preview!

Tagged games:

Great sales! congratulations to Epic games, they made an instant classic apparently. Wouldn't mind playing it if I had a 360.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

One of the few sequels that actually sell better opening week!

3 million overall was what I was expecting. I like it when gamers actually get off their keyboards and actually buy what they want for a change.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

this could still be wrong the america previews showed resistance 3 at 100k but it was much lower then that

pezus said:
EGG_OF_D00m said:

this could still be wrong the america previews showed resistance 3 at 100k but it was much lower then that

Yeah, but that was only because of a misunderstanding (he thought it had about a 30% drop, but it was actually just at 30% of the first week's sales.

ohh :)

I was expecting around 2 million for the first week based on Gears 2 sales. Good to see it might have done even better than that.

Around the Network

im guessing 7m LT depending on how long microsoft will support the xbox

Gears of War 3 special edition 320GB console and 250GB X360 + Kinect + Gears of War 3  bundle are selling like hot cakes. Gears of War 3 is the main contender for XBox 360 exclusive Game of the Year.

First week sales of Gears of War 3: 3 million sales world wide.
NA first week sales of Gears of War 3: 2.2 million to 2.4 million sales.

Edouble24 said:
I was expecting around 2 million for the first week based on Gears 2 sales. Good to see it might have done even better than that.

Why would you think it would only do 2 million in it's FW? Especially considering Gears 2 did 2.1 in it's FW.

yo_john117 said:
Edouble24 said:

Why would you think it would only do 2 million in it's FW? Especially considering Gears 2 did 2.1 in it's FW.

Sorry, I was talking about the U.S.

ioi, TheSource and the other guy(s) are hard at work compiling Gears of War 3 first day and first week sales numbers.

Gears of War 3 will have been released only 4 or 5 days when the next set of weekly sales numbers for September 24 are released.

Gears of War 2 released November 2008 when the 360 has a user base of around 25 million.
Gears of War 3 released almost 3 years later with the 360 around 55 million.
Gears of War 3 should easily eclipse the FW sales of Gears of War 2. Double the user base and expect 1 million more than the 2.1 million pulled by Gears of War 2 in 2008.