By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Palestine's UN bid is tomorrow!

Share news, thoughts and opinions here!

for a start:

The countries that recognise Palestine comprise around 5.5bn of the world's population of 7bn – more than 75% – but based on World Bank GDP figures make up less than 10% of the world's economy, highlighting the global rift on what remains a highly contentious topic.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/20/palestinians-recognised-two-thirds-globe

Around the Network

It wont be recognised I can tell you that. But it should be. Never the less, the world is not a fair place, and I doubt that Palestine has any real chance in the near future :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

the VITO rules in UN palestine people have no chance

I won't be recognized

Wait, nobody giving a shit about Palestinians getting treated like shit throughout history isn't anything new! I mean heck, they're only getting slaughtered on a daily basis, while simultaneously being villainized just because they have brown skin and follow Islam. There's no such thing as innocent Palestinians in that territory.

This is a step in the right direction, but Palestine will never be recognized. It simply won't be allowed.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Share news, thoughts and opinions here!

for a start:

The countries that recognise Palestine comprise around 5.5bn of the world's population of 7bn – more than 75% – but based on World Bank GDP figures make up less than 10% of the world's economy, highlighting the global rift on what remains a highly contentious topic.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/20/palestinians-recognised-two-thirds-globe

If you switch Palestine for Kosovo then you can use those same figures for countries that recognised it. I think those figures will increase for Palestine as more countries recognise it. Most of the world will recognise Palestine come vote time. There is a lot of pressure by the US not to vote a yes and some of the weaker countries may succumb to the pressure and vote against. But looking at most of the UN resolutions condemning Israel, it's normally the US, Israel and a few pacific Islands on one side (and maybe Australia) and the rest of the world the other side.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
I won't be recognized

What you are talking about... you are fifth in the best Americans vgcharterz competition

spurgeonryan said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
hatmoza said:
I won't be recognized

What you are talking about... you are fifth in the best Americans vgcharterz competition

Hatmoza you say you never get recognized! Have you forgotten what you have done to me? I will never be the same....

I know there are probably some big regulations, restrictions and things that have to be done to become part of the UN. I think it would be a huge step in the worlds ties with Pakistan. Most countries do not want to be kicked out of the U.N So maybe it would be a good thing.

Pakistan?

Not going to be recognized but it's a shrewd tactical move by the Palestinians.

It's a move that well and truly shows the world that America is not the unbiased mediator it has made itself out to be - when the pressure is on it will always support Israel. It also brings the Palestine issue back into front and centre of world politics which increases pressure on Israel to compromise for a solution.

And another thing that won't have been at all forgotten by the PLO - it helps Abbas' bid for re-election next year.

what's wrong with embedding?!

Rath said:
Not going to be recognized but it's a shrewd tactical move by the Palestinians.

It's a move that well and truly shows the world that America is not the unbiased mediator it has made itself out to be - when the pressure is on it will always support Israel.
It also brings the Palestine issue back into front and centre of world politics which increases pressure on Israel to compromise for a solution.

And another thing that won't have been at all forgotten by the PLO - it helps Abbas' bid for re-election next year.

People need something like this bid to realise that? :/