By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 3 Nets Over 300,000 Online Players On Opening Day

MonstaMack said:
There was way more then 300k when I was playing last night. There will be plenty of people playing this come MW3 and Halo CE. Gears 3 will still outsell BF3.

yeah see it in my friend house

Around the Network

Huge number indeed.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I couldn't find anywhere in gears 3 where it tells you the total number of players online. Its all broken down into modes. Based on the leaderboards social teamdeathmatch has had the most players with close to 1.1 million. I haven't even played that mode yet. I've only played ranked team deathmatch and ranked king of the hill.

yo_john117 said:
kitler53 said:
yo_john117 said:
kitler53 said:
yo_john117 said:
kitler53 said:

derp?? 

is "concurrent unique users" the same as "simultaneous"?  anyways, these are the only 3 threads i can find about reach's player count.

With final pre-orders of just under 2 million units in the Americas and nearly 600,000 units in EMEAA, Bungie reporting that Reach surpassed the one-day XBox LIVE record for concurrent unique users (at over two million unique users) and as much hype as the release of Modern Warfare 2 last year, nobody doubted that Halo: Reach would be big.

On Tuesday, 09/14/2010 at approximately 1:30 pm PST, just a few hours after launch, Halo: Reach’s online unique user count had already completely eclipsed Halo 3’s total tally for the entirety of the week (09/13 through 09/20).

(about 1 month later)  I just checked online on both games and Halo Reach has about 330,000 people playing it right now and Modern Warfare 2 has about 390,000 people online right now.

The two million unique users include everybody on XBL...not just for Halo Reach.

reading comprehension ftl.  :(

Wow I guess so :/  I failed.

I believe concurrent unique users are the same as simultaneous

you failed?? i thought i failed?  i'm soo confused.

xDD I guess we both failed! You failed by not understanding the Halo Reach article in your post and I failed by only getting that one bit out of your whole post.

Lol, and I failed for thinking the two of you knew what the hell was going on in that exchange.

OT Gears is awesome, I'm going to play right now.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
yo_john117 said:
kitler53 said:
yo_john117 said:
kitler53 said:
yo_john117 said:
kitler53 said:

derp?? 

is "concurrent unique users" the same as "simultaneous"?  anyways, these are the only 3 threads i can find about reach's player count.

With final pre-orders of just under 2 million units in the Americas and nearly 600,000 units in EMEAA, Bungie reporting that Reach surpassed the one-day XBox LIVE record for concurrent unique users (at over two million unique users) and as much hype as the release of Modern Warfare 2 last year, nobody doubted that Halo: Reach would be big.

On Tuesday, 09/14/2010 at approximately 1:30 pm PST, just a few hours after launch, Halo: Reach’s online unique user count had already completely eclipsed Halo 3’s total tally for the entirety of the week (09/13 through 09/20).

(about 1 month later)  I just checked online on both games and Halo Reach has about 330,000 people playing it right now and Modern Warfare 2 has about 390,000 people online right now.

The two million unique users include everybody on XBL...not just for Halo Reach.

reading comprehension ftl.  :(

Wow I guess so :/  I failed.

I believe concurrent unique users are the same as simultaneous

you failed?? i thought i failed?  i'm soo confused.

xDD I guess we both failed! You failed by not understanding the Halo Reach article in your post and I failed by only getting that one bit out of your whole post.

Lol, and I failed for thinking the two of you knew what the hell was going on in that exchange.

OT Gears is awesome, I'm going to play right now.

That's a lot of failure...