By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 3 Nets Over 300,000 Online Players On Opening Day

Huh. First thing to consider is that its 300 000 at any given time, not the whole day. I think when the day ended over a million at least played the game.

Lets not forget its a work day today people, 360 gamers have lives :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Frank_kc said:
Compared to 2 Million preorders, the number seems low to me. could be overtracked.

it's close to Halo Reach first day online players

...oh again didn't see the op's name

300k? Halo Reach has 900k on launch day!

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

PureDante said:
300k? Halo Reach has 900k on launch day!

if my memory is right,900k(maybe even close to 1m)was Saturday or Sunday,becuase one 2ch thread keep posting how many players online every 2~3hours until end of first week lol

btw why we use online player number to estimate sales?i don't think VGC overtracked PS3 or undertracked 360 black ops first week sales...

That's pretty good. Not as impressive as Reach though. Didn't it have like 4.1m people playing before it even released

Around the Network

That's good for an exclusive. However, I remember Blops on the 360 had over a million players online during the day for almost the entirety of the first month. Then again, I shouldn't be comparing CoD to Gears...

Jay520 said:
That's pretty good. Not as impressive as Reach though. Didn't it have like 4.1m people playing before it even released

That figure is either users logged in "at any one time during the day" OR "for the whole day"..So we better wait for the official numbers from Epic or MS

your all forgetting that gears isn't halo or cod, 300k players for the first day is amazing

ImJustBayuum said:
Jay520 said:

That figure is either users logged in "at any one time during the day" OR "for the whole day"..So we better wait for the official numbers from Epic or MS

well i don't think the whole day ended when they report this news...

Wow that's not as many as I would have though actually. Halo Reach had around 600k it's first day I believe. Hell Black Ops probably had more people online still.