By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest Monsters 3d announced for 3ds(updated)

Kenology said:
Wagram said:
The prefix "Re" made me not give a shit.

You're always around just to instantly knock everything, man.  Geez!

Anyways, I'm sure a good amount of people will double dip.  Square-Enix probably just wants to get started on bringing the DQ audience over to the new system for the future.

That's what I do :P

Even though I can't wait for FFX HD there is a serious problem now with all these remakes on Vita/3DS/PS3. It's just way out of hand.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Kenology said:
Wagram said:

Anyways, I'm sure a good amount of people will double dip.  Square-Enix probably just wants to get started on bringing the DQ audience over to the new system for the future.

Even though I can't wait for FFX HD there is a serious problem now with all these remakes on Vita/3DS/PS3. It's just way out of hand.

Man you probably never even played the game before so what if its a remake? I never played FF3 before the remake on DS and I really enjoyed that game. This is for the kids who never played the game the first time. Remakes of games from over 10 years old shouldn't count in your argument especially if the entire game is being redone from scratch unlike FFX whichs is just being upscaled to HD.

pokeclaudel said:
Wagram said:
Kenology said:
Wagram said:

Man you probably never even played the game before so what if its a remake? I never played FF3 before the remake on DS and I really enjoyed that game. This is for the kids who never played the game the first time. Remakes of games from over 10 years old shouldn't count in your argument especially if the entire game is being redone from scratch unlike FFX whichs is just being upscaled to HD.

That's a load of shit and you know it. It's being remade to gouge more money out of the user base. It's a quick cash in. That's what every rehash of the HD collections and remakes are for. and you're right I never played this game. I don't like the series. It's not specifically about Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest either. I don't want to buy new systems for rehashes in HD or 3D. I want new games. I have my old systems. I don't need to buy another one to play the same damn games.

Another update:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/18/the-very-first-dragon-quest-monsters-is-being-remade-for-nintendo-3ds/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

RolStoppable said:
Wagram said:

That's a load of shit and you know it. It's being remade to gouge more money out of the user base. It's a quick cash in. That's what every rehash of the HD collections and remakes are for. and you're right I never played this game. I don't like the series. It's not specifically about Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest either. I don't want to buy new systems for rehashes in HD or 3D. I want new games. I have my old systems. I don't need to buy another one to play the same damn games.

Again, this game here isn't just an enhanced port like the HD and 3D rehashes of recent times. This is an actual remake. Consider that the source material is a GBC color game and Square-Enix definitely isn't going to only marginally overhaul the graphics of a game that ran in 16 colors. Also, content will be added.

And if you don't like the series, then you have no reason to complain in the first place. Whether it is a remake or an actual sequel, you wouldn't care to play it either way.

So what's left is that you kept your word and tried to offend people, because you didn't get moderated in over a month.

Actually I have no intention of pissing anyone off. That's my opinion. If anyone has a problem with that then too bad. The 3DS and Vita need new games. Not remakes or HD collections. Like I said this isn't just about this remake. It's about all of them. It's pretty sad when a majority of each new systems games are just HD cash ins.

Around the Network

I thought this was announced at the dragon quest event?

Whoops, double post.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Wagram said:
RolStoppable said:
Wagram said:

Again, this game here isn't just an enhanced port like the HD and 3D rehashes of recent times. This is an actual remake. Consider that the source material is a GBC color game and Square-Enix definitely isn't going to only marginally overhaul the graphics of a game that ran in 16 colors. Also, content will be added.

And if you don't like the series, then you have no reason to complain in the first place. Whether it is a remake or an actual sequel, you wouldn't care to play it either way.

So what's left is that you kept your word and tried to offend people, because you didn't get moderated in over a month.

Actually I have no intention of pissing anyone off. That's my opinion. If anyone has a problem with that then too bad. The 3DS and Vita need new games. Not remakes or HD collections. Like I said this isn't just about this remake. It's about all of them. It's pretty sad when a majority of each new systems games are just HD cash ins.

I would somewhat agree with you that these HD remakes are nothing but cheap cash-ins, but remaking this for the 3DS is nothing compared to what we are seeing with these portable-to-console remakes happening. This is a game that was made for an 8-bit handheld that has 32 KB of RAM, and it's being remade for a system that has 128 Mb of RAM released 13 years later. We've come along way since then. This remake will almost be an entirely new game, just because of the massive increase in hardware power. It really will seem like a whole new game. Sure, some familiar elements will most likely remain, but for the most part we won't even be able recognize the characters. Comparing this to these HD console remakes isn't quite as valid as you may think. One is taking the basic game and just displaying it in HD resolution; the other is taking the core of a game and remaking it from the ground up. While the two seem similar in principle, they are actually much different in their execution.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!