By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TGS 2011 Game Award Winners

http://awards.cesa.or.jp

Closing off the Tokyo Game Show today, CESA held the Future Division ceremony for its annual Japan Game Awards.

The Future Division awards are given to upcoming games based off votes from Tokyo Game Show attendees over the first, second and third days of the show. Attendees were able to pick from 206 titles due out over the next year.

The winning games are:

• Asura's Wrath (Capcom, PS3/360)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki (Falcom, PSP)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. (Namco Bandai, PS3)
  • Dragon's Dogma (Capcom, PS3/360)
  • Binary Domain (Sega, PS3/360)
  • Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts, PS3/360/PC)
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, PS3/360)
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 (Square Enix, PSP)
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 (Sega, PC)
  • Monster Hunter 3 G (Capcom, 3DS)

Around the Network

Congrats @ Square for 2 wins!

There is no "Ni no kuni", which is an ultimate fail.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

VivaLaWiida said:

Personally I don't see the hype in that game. I need to see more of it.

Wagram said:
VivaLaWiida said:

I don't see it either.

Also the real failure is no DARK SOULS. But that game is coming out like next week in Japan. 

---

Around the Network

No Dark Souls!? Sparta!

not even a single VITA game...??

great games. Asura's Wrath is going to be so amazing.

Wagram said:
VivaLaWiida said:

I think the hype is simple, we don't know too much on the quality of the story or gameplay so the hype is based solely on the visuals and the potential of the game.  If you love Japanese games then there's a decent chance you grew up with anime, and if you grew up watching anime you probably love at least one of the films by Studio Ghibli.  You may not love them all but there's probably one near and dear to your heart (for me personally that's Nausicaa even though it was before the studio formed it had a lot of the same people).  Ni no kuni is looking like it really makes use of the collaboration between Ghibli and Level 5 to make something that looks like playing a Ghibli film, and fans of their movies can't help but get excited at the prospect.  Even if you aren't particularly a fan of one of the movies it's hard to argue that the game is ugly, it really is quite beautiful.  

Now this all means that the game has the potential to feel like playing a Ghibli movie if the story can match the visuals.  And honestly if it had a story that matched a Ghilbli movie as well as the visuals we've already seen I wouldn't really care if the battle system isn't all that amazing.  But we'll just have to see.