By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up 10 September 2011

VGKing said:
Allfreedom99 said:
Good sales for ps3 and 3ds. Almost a 100% boost in Japan for ps3 due to the xillia effect.

Resistance franchise seems less popular now.

Good dead island sales.

Wii losing a lot of steam still. Should pick up during holidays.

Was never that popular to begin with -_-

Understood but still a sizeable drop off from Resistance 2 release week.

Resistance 2 Release week: 409,270

Resistance 3 Release week: 274,051

Even if Resistance was not a very popular franchise it has weakend further since Resistance 2.

Around the Network

No work... just copy paste.

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Racer
42 22,098 (+58%) 6,483,962

M.U.G.E.N said:
200k plus for ps3 :) awesome

highest FW in Japan for a Tales game..ever

That's according to  Media Create but not VGchartz, Tales of Destiny 2 has this spot with 517,522K FW here.

VGKing said:
PS3 slightlyy overtracked fine as Sony said @ TGS its at 51.8 mil.

PSP heavily UNDERTRACKED as Sony said it was at 71.4million.

* As end of June

Fixed.

Solid PS3 and mediocre 360 sales, and weak wii sales if it was for the price drop for the 3DS nintendo would be in a lot of trouble right now. Also i would not count out resistance 3 quite yet its a very good game and with so many other good titles being released it may have just been overlooked, and may have better sales during the holiday season it really is so much better than resistance 2 IMO.

Around the Network

It's hard to feel happy for ps3 when I know the sales are easily erasable.
For instance, when ps3 went to 300$ and slim, the sale lead over 360 was almost completely erased by the end of Christmas. A 1 point something million lead gone like that.

VXIII said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
200k plus for ps3 :) awesome

highest FW in Japan for a Tales game..ever

That's according to  Media Create but not VGchartz, Tales of Destiny 2 has this spot with 517,522K FW here.

let's just say I trust MC numbers more than VGC numbers when it comes to Japan sales...then again dunno how other sales games did according to MC :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

360 is really dead in Japan. PS3 is doing nice and GT5 slowly crawling to 10 Million. Also if Wii doesnt get their act together in the holiday season its going to die after Wii U release I guess.

theprof00 said:
It's hard to feel happy for ps3 when I know the sales are easily erasable.
For instance, when ps3 went to 300$ and slim, the sale lead over 360 was almost completely erased by the end of Christmas. A 1 point something million lead gone like that.

Sure? If I remember the GAP was 8 million before slim and 4 million after Christmas.

Oct-Dec sales of 2009: 6,897,278 (PS3) > 4,979,188 (360)

I guess Sony will never repeat these sales over 360 in that period... Slim was a beast .

VGKing said:
PS3 slightlyy overtracked as Sony said @ TGS its at 51.8 mil.

PSP heavily UNDERTRACKED as Sony said it was at 71.4million.

It was also stated during the conference that those numbers are from the end of June.