By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: No PSN Unless You Waive Lawsuit

well they haven't done anything to make me want to sue them so i'll sign it.

i avoided making this thread like the plague.

Around the Network

You have the right to sue them but they are trying to weed out litigious people and also make it harder for Law firms who encourage and make a living out of class action suits, They would rather you go to arbitration it is cheaper and easier for both sides and you can opt out of the TOS and still use PSN so it boils down to them trying to protect themselves from getting sued every time they change something and when individuals have a problem they can resolve genuine problems through arbitration.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

HumancentiPad episode of South Park springs to mind...

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

everyone agree but one person. That person can then sue on behalf of everyone.
I nominate someone argumentative.

Happily sign it. No reason to sue or ever sue for something they are giving me for free because I'm not purchasing anything or losing any money. My details I've register aren't even valid.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

big deal..

There are certain protections that even if you sign a waiver not to sue you can still sue under at least in the USA so no issues for me.

you can still sue, it just wont be a class action lawsuit.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It's not preventing lawsuits from individuals, it's to prevent class action lawsuits.

this is shit, I can't sue them if they gave my personal info away to some creepy dating company for middle aged women with weird fetish, luckily everything I gave for my PSN account is fake, but still.....I will sue them for this!!!

Edit: argh, just read through everything, its only works for class action lawsuits, so its probably won't affect me individually, but still.....its much easier to sue by ganging up together on them......I will sue them for this, agian !!!