By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: No PSN Unless You Waive Lawsuit

Sony sent an e-mail to all their PSN subscribers today announcing a terms of service change that will be implemented on September 15, 2011. You must agree to this new TOS to continue using the Playstation Network, but doing so completely absolves Sony of any new class action lawsuit you may choose to file against Sony.

Long story short: If you want to continue playing on the playstation network. You must promise Sony you will not sue them regarding SCE decisions.  :)

Link: http://www.gamestooge.com/2011/09/14/sony-no-psn-unless-you-waive-lawsuit/

Around the Network

I will sue them for this!!

Lol wow....I guess I don't blame them though.

I feel uncomfortable about this(for some strange reason)

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
"Long story short: If you want to continue playing on the playstation network. You must promise Sony you will not sue them regarding SCE decisions. "

Regarding ONLY SCE decisions right? BUT we can sue them for other stuff?

By SCE meaning the playstation brand, You will not be able to sue once you agree to the TOS from Sony.

Anything else Sony does wrong outside of the playstation brand you can sue for.  :)

Around the Network

Is this legal? I mean sure, you sign this, but this is basically giving Sony the right to do whatever the fuck they want without you able to do anything about it.

I can't imagine a company can make themselves sue-proof.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:
Is this legal? I mean sure, you sign this, but this is basically giving Sony the right to do whatever the fuck they want without you able to do anything about it.

A lot of places makes you sign stuff so you go into the premises. The main reason they do that is so you can't sue them. I am sure what sony is trying to do falls under the same category.

I am a nintendo fan, not a nintendo fanboy

Silver-Tiger said:

As long as you agree to it than it is legal.

This makes so much sense! Sony is scared of course.

I'll read this thing fully this weekend before accepting.

4 ≈ One