By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls early reviews are in -UPDATED 10/4/11- with vids!!

Tagged games:

Another bump to the thread, just wondering what you veterans of Demon's Souls feel about Dark souls' jump mechanic?

I think it seems rather awesome!

Around the Network

I really tried to enjoy Demon´s Souls....I like the fighting mechanics, the environments, etc...but the lack of checkpoint systems, making me replay the same areas over and over again, made me give up playing.

I heard about a new, bonfire system in Dark Souls that would finally act as checkpoints, but I´ve read comments that it´s not really the case...anyway, I don´t know, I´ll wait to see.

JGarret said:
I really tried to enjoy Demon´s Souls....I like the fighting mechanics, the environments, etc...but the lack of checkpoint systems, making me replay the same areas over and over again, made me give up playing.

I heard about a new, bonfire system in Dark Souls that would finally act as checkpoints, but I´ve read comments that it´s not really the case...anyway, I don´t know, I´ll wait to see.

I have to make you a believer! 

It's awesome you learn through trial and error learning what you did wrong, how to roll away perfectly of when to block or attack. Actually the game isn't too hard once you start learning.

blkfish92 said:
Another bump to the thread, just wondering what you veterans of Demon's Souls feel about Dark souls' jump mechanic?

We can jump ? :0

VXIII said:
blkfish92 said:

We can jump ? :0

Look up some gameplay vids, the jumping mechanic seems awesome and we can do cool jump attacks.

Around the Network

*Joining the hype train*

I keep forgetting about this game, despite the fact that is looks awesome and I'm really excited about it. I guess the hype for Gears 3 and Skyrim has kept me distracted.

Metallicube said:
I keep forgetting about this game, despite the fact that is looks awesome and I'm really excited about it. I guess the hype for Gears 3 and Skyrim has kept me distracted.

Ready to preorder this bad boy??

Shameless bump, like a freakin BOSS!

Been playing Demon's Souls with my cousin and he loves it!

Everyone look at the awesomeness fresh from TGS!