By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MEGATON! Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS!

I can't believe they already showed footage of the game - Can't be that far off now!

And that footage... EPIC!

Around the Network

Good news for Nintendo, although I haven't played a Monster Hunter game it seems like a killer game for handhelds and something that could really help the Nintendo 3DS take off.

As for the Nintendo "fans" in this thread, don't get too excited, just because a great game has been announced for your system doesn't give you the right to start patronising and mocking the Vita and its followers. I'm happy for you, but seriously, grow up. More than likely a Monster Hunter game will be announced for the Vita, they aren't going to turn their backs on arguably their biggest fanbase, so don't start making these "PS Vita is doomed" threads.

very cool news and well done nintendo, now my 3ds gets 2 monster hunter games , monster hunter tri g and monster hunter 4. i am a very happy 3ds owner. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Never played a monster hunter game,but if it's coming to the U.S.,then I'll buy it. I plan on buying all the main 3DS games.

Nintendo paid BIG TIME for this

CAPCOM is rich

Around the Network

congrats to Nintendo fans, sucks to be Sony.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

That looks nice, got me thinking about getting a 3DS if the game releases here in the US.

I don't expect this to be exclusive but regardless, ALSO having this game on the 3DS in addition to the otehrs it already has is a huge win for Nintendo in Japan.

As to the Vita, some people need to calm down, it will be fine. Saying it's dead only makes people look as bad as all the "Nintendo is doomed" chorus.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:
RolStoppable said:

There will be content cut from the game to account for the 3DS's lower capacity cartridges. Not to mention that the Vita version will at best only look marginally better than the 3DS version.

It's either one or the other, not both.

Everything I've read so far points to Vita having similar amounts of storage to 3DS. If I remember correctly 3DS' cartridges are limited to 8GB currently while Vita will be launching with 4GB cartridges or less... Obviously if one company can afford to increase the size, so can the other since the media are similar from a manufacturing point of view.

In this respect it would seem Sony are really the ones with a disadvantage since users will come to expect higher quality assets from Vita games and there is no way Sony can afford to increase cartridge sizes at a rate that keeps up with the huge increase in asset size the Vita can render over the 3DS..

That doesn't make sense. Since Vita games will feature more detailed graphics than 3DS games, it's unlikely that Sony would launch with smaller capacity cartridges. Therefore I have to assume that 3DS games are limited to 8 GBit while Vita games will be 4GB, so four times as much.

I am honestly offended Rol.. You used to put actual thought into your responses... I guess you don't like me any more

Even as a joke, that's pretty lame.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

I dont want to get my hopes too high. I have played MH since it was released for the PS2, and after playing MH3, I just felt as if something was missing.

It was a good game but not as good as the previous. Lets see what this "new" MH has to offer.