By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Retro Studios Make A Zelda Game?

Tagged games:

Should Retro Studios Make A Zelda Game?

**** yeah! They could mak... 32 42.11%

**** no! They aren't capable. :( 18 23.68%

Only if Nintendo is a Co-developer. -.- 18 23.68%

Not sure/don't give a ****... o.o 7 9.21%

Total:75

"Retro does one thing very good, taking older failing or neglected franchises and breathing new life into them."

As in making the series about badass combat again instead of loads of cutscenes, NPC fetch quests, annoying travel (on boat, train, or wolf), and scripted puzzles?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Nah, i want another Donkey Kong Country. That would instantly sell me the 3DS and WiiU

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

no they should just make Metroid again! i really want to see what they can do with it on Wii U! they have done an awesome job on both Metroid and DKCR so lets see what they can do with the added power of Wii U with metroid!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Maybe, I just feel like Zelda needs a more fresh and modern focus, and I'm confident Retro could easily achieve that.
But it is a "if", while Miyamoto is alive and hasn't lost his sanity no way he'd even allow Retro to slightly touch Zelda.

Let's play first Skyward Sword.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

They should make a new IP

No, they should give them the rights to a Star Fox title. Thats another title that is awesome but for some reason Nintendo ignore like Metroid, Retro could do great things with it.

Not a Zelda but I would love to see another Donkey Kong 64 like game.

I....don't know. Zelda has done no wrong with its current talent pool so I see no reason to change that. We don't them doing an entry for EVERY Nintendo franchise, that's just silly.

No , they should not.

I respect Retro Studio as one of the best studio developpement in the world but they can't match the genius and experience of EAD for series like Zelda and Mario platform who are the very very best of Nintendo and who are the heart of the company. Theses series must always be developped by EAD directly to keep the soul of the company.

Retro Studio should be given other licences, maybe StarFox, or sent creating new ones.