By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ubisoft announces Far Cry 2 for the 360

It is also in development for the PC and PS3.  It comes as no surprise (at least to me) considering the sales of Crysis.  No exact release date was given other than Ubisoft's fiscal year 2009 which runs from April 1, 2008 to March 31, 2009.

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/03/ubisoft-announces-far-cry-2-for-xbox-360-and-ps3/

Around the Network

They have not announced whether or not the consoles will get a watered down version have they? Or whether it will have a simultaneous release

So you know, Crysis has nothing to do with Far Cry 2. 2 totally different companies since ubisoft bought the FarCry rights.

Cryek went inde didn't they

Crysis was actually published by EA

Around the Network

the videos of the fc2 beta looked quite good (not just shaders/textures/picture quality , but more than anything else the interactivity was pretty astounishing) - I hope they can preserve that for the console versions and then I'll see if this game is something for me aswell , but it is a nice addition to the consoles library anyway

Now all we need is crysis, if farcry 2 can run on consoles(I seriously doubt it will look any different than the pc version) crysis can as well.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

prlatino86 said:
So you know, Crysis has nothing to do with Far Cry 2. 2 totally different companies since ubisoft bought the FarCry rights.

Opps, you're right, my bad.  I haven't been following Far Cry 2 at all but I should have picked up on the change when they mentioned Ubisoft Montreal.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/03-01-2008-7178.html

Far Cry 2 confirmed for Xbox 360 and PS3
By James Orry - 03/01/2008 - 5:25pm GMT

Ubisoft confirms what's been expected for some time.

Rumours of console versions of Ubisoft's upcoming Far Cry sequel have been doing the rounds almost since the game was first announced for PC, and today the France-based publisher has confirmed that Far Cry 2 is on the way to Xbox 360 and PS3.

In development at Ubisoft Montreal, Far Cry 2 is a next generation first-person shooter which hopes to immerse the player in an entirely new kind of gameplay experience. The game utilises a custom-made engine which has been built from the ground up, making it possible to deliver real open-world gameplay.

Far Cry 2 is scheduled for release in Ubisoft's fiscal 2008-2009 (the 12-month period beginning April 2008).

==> isn't ur title laking something ... ?

Time to Work !

"Custom-made engine built from the ground up"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it use a heavily heavily modified version of the Unreal Engine 2.5? I don't understand why people think this one looks better than Crysis... maybe I've become more blind in the last months.

Also, it's made by Ubi Montreal of FarCry Vengeance (Wii) fame... so expect a very dumbed down version on consoles :/